How do you avoid harassment issues?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Evelyn
Zealous Believer

How do you avoid harassment issues?

Post by Evelyn » 17 Dec 2015, 04:40

Hello, we are having an issue with an individual harassing our server. I'm not entirely sure where to put this, or even where to ask for help on the problem. There is an individual that has created multiple steam accounts to use to harass our server. Killing people, griefing finite resources, etc. We are trying to permanently ban him, however he just makes a new steam account and comes back. Is there a way to ban an IP? I'm not very fluent in all the ins and outs of running a server, but I would greatly appreciate any feedback, suggestions, or ideas. I am hoping there is some permanent way we can get this person off of our server as it seriously ruins the atmosphere when there is someone running around yelling at people, calling them names, killing them, all seemingly at random because of a grudge against a GM that he played with on another server. (usually when GMs log off) Thank you to anyone that can respond!

Airco

Re: How do you avoid harassment issues?

Post by Airco » 17 Dec 2015, 05:23

been hearing about ip ban bhut no idea how to do it myself, bhut if he creates a new steam account... doesent he has to buy the game each time he gets a new steam account???
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 17 Dec 2015, 10:18

As I remember, there is a possibility to mark cheater and griefer in steam. Some developer look at this and don´t sell their games to them. But I just have heard about that ... I´d never tried myself. ;)

I´m not sure if I understand your post correctly. He´s just on your server while no GM is on? How does he know? How can a new character kill experienced players? And how did ya tried to ban him without any GM ingame?

Did you think about an server-Password? Ask your admin.

Banning People should be just the last possible step. Presenting them some "friendly" bears (no problem for GM´s) is my personel favorite in boring times. Deleting their horses while in a high speed ride is another nice one. So just try to grief the griefer.

And yeah, Lif has to be payed for every Steam-account. So make sure, your don´t harm al the new player on your server just because they might eventually perhaps call someone names.

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 17 Dec 2015, 11:38

1. Bear it a little longer.
2. Encourage him to buy even more LIF.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 17 Dec 2015, 11:45

Airco wrote:if he creates a new steam account... doesent he has to buy the game each time he gets a new steam account???

If you add new account to existing account with family access, you can play games from family library.

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 17 Dec 2015, 19:53

Custodian wrote:If you add new account to existing account with family access, you can play games from family library.

But game is still in owners account. You say that when I play from family access account its the ID of this family access account I play with, not the owners account?

Edit
Ok I have read a bit about it and it seems thats how it essentially works and indeed banning account we ban this additional account, not the parent account.

This should be officially addressed by game company directly to steam.

Return to Feedback Section