Frequent Server Disconnects

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Ian-C
Zealous Believer

Frequent Server Disconnects

Post by Ian-C » 18 Dec 2015, 09:54

Hi

After quite some time away from LiF and as it has now been released myself and a group of friends decided to give it another try as we assumed most of the bugs would be ironed out, how wrong were we.

Our main problem is continuous server disconnects which can happen at totally random times even a few minutes after the server has been restarted. Once you get the disconnect no one can rejoin the server until it's restarted.

Restarting the server is a total pain in the A**, it rarely restarts on the first attempt, we usually have to restart it 2 or 3 times for it to start successfully and sometimes it wont restart until we have run the hosts Steam update routine a couple of times.

Regarding hosting, we have communicated with the host and of course it's not their problem, they say it's bugs in the game and dedicated sever. Despite the fact we went with a host on the hosting partners list, they have little or no clue as to what the problems are or how to fix them. Playing the game for a random amount of time from a couple of minutes up to what could be (but rarely is) a couple of hours, then having to wait up to an hour plus to get back on the server is a complete game killer.

Regarding the game itself, there seem to be bugs in it that were reported way back in the early versions during beta. Although not a critical bug but one of the most annoying it the constantly building sound loops where a sound like birds starts playing and constantly loops but the sound loops keeps triggering until you have a cacophony of sounds playing in specific area of the map. If you happen to be working in these areas it drives you to the point of insanity and you either mute the sound or have to restart to get a respite from the audio assault.

Our main concern though is the disconnects and restarting issues, as this has already made a couple of our group decide it was not worth returning to the game with more about to bolt. Although there were bugs in the past at least the servers were reasonably stable so you could play for a reasonable amount of time.

Whilst writing this post i have also been trying to once again restart the server and in the last 30 minutes have been unsuccessful despite three attempts. It's about time you get these server issues sorted before everyone looses interest in what could be a great game.

EthanZoromir

Re: Frequent Server Disconnects

Post by EthanZoromir » 18 Dec 2015, 23:06

May I ask which hosting provider you are using?

Also, have you modified the base game with any mods / database changes?

If no, then there is something wrong with the host. It is not normal at all for the server to crash that many times.

If you can t get things worked out with your current host, I'd love to invite you to Kingdoms of Trilia which is linked in my signature.

Airco

Post by Airco » 19 Dec 2015, 08:11

running server on my pc (yep not dedicated)

reboot it daily and reboot takes me 5minutes (5minutes being timed from moment server is down untill people can log in again , in these 5mins i reboot my pc AND start up the server)

random disconnects happen bhut people can log in right away whit no further delay

reasons why it crashes, not the server that crashes bhut the client and becouse i dont run dedicated the clientcrash causes the server to crash :(
(only had 1 pure server crash so far and that resulted in some funny issue to see my char being unable to move despite running server on my pc XD )

bugs:
alot of bugs where fixed bhut returnd whit upgrade to dx11 , expecting patch next week (we should have had it 2weeks already bhut dev is not happy whit the result so its getting delayd and delayd)

about new host (wich i assume youl be going for)
make sure u get a server that runs on a SSD and not a harddriver

also welcome to test out my server ofc :)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

NevaCross

Post by NevaCross » 21 Dec 2015, 19:26

I have a lot of problems with disconnects as well. Pretty much we have ascertained it is a problem with the client and reported detailed post to the bug tracker. However the problem is mostly resolved by server resets. Our host has an option for auto reset once a day. This helps tremendously. Sometimes a manual restart is needed after a very busy period. But, the disconnects are no longer discouraging players into leaving.

Return to Feedback Section