Does anything in this game work properly?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sunrayn

Does anything in this game work properly?

Post by Sunrayn » 27 Dec 2015, 06:10

Animal taming is a joke. Wife and I started trying to tame animals for the first time tonight. Got a boar only because of the knockout exploit and then went after the sows. They apparently have eyes in the back of their head because no matter how slow we moved we couldn't get anywhere near them. We tried pinning them against trees but, apparently, they can ghost right through them. Tried using an exploit by shooting them until they got weak enough and finally attack but, they just stand there and die. I am beginning to think the not recommended rating I gave this game on Steam is totally appropriate. The 'release' is no more ready than the early access was.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Does anything in this game work properly?

Post by Khan- » 27 Dec 2015, 11:09

run until their endurance bar is empty

or dig a tunnel with no ceilling, be sure you can see the sky, reinforce the parts you cannot jump off the "tunnel" and wait for a day... you'll get a pit where animals fall in and they'll run in it until their are exhausted... if it's not that large, you'll be able to tame them while their are still running
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sunrayn

Post by Sunrayn » 27 Dec 2015, 14:21

Yeah, we tried running a sow out of stamina. From the swamp in the N.E to the south eastern tip of the island, never stopped running once.

I will just work around this like I do with the broken buildings. GM spawn in animal deeds. I know they won't breed but, I can just spawn another in when needed.

It doesn't make the game fun but, at least it will be playable without constant frustration. I am already recovering from a stroke, don't need another :)

Ledaal
Zealous Believer

Post by Ledaal » 27 Dec 2015, 18:22

Hunting is now a two person activity. What people have done is to have one person shoot the animal once with a range weapon. Then they must not move. The other person then can walk up to the animal and begin the taming process as the animal is keyed on the person who shot him. Hope this helps.

Sunrayn

Post by Sunrayn » 29 Dec 2015, 07:27

Great suggestion Ledaal. Works like a charm on pigs,cows and horses. Not so much on sheep as they are one-shotted. I know the GM animal deeds don't reproduce but do they also not give wool or milk? We have had 0 harvests from cows and sheep. Or is there a certain age which ours haven't reached?

Return to General Discussion