MMO Development

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

MMO Development

Post by Stormsblade » 08 Jan 2016, 06:26

Have there been any dev/community staff posts about MMO timeliness or projected content changes recently? LiF is carried in so many places (Reddit, Facebook, etc) it's hard to follow.

Cheers :beer:

Airco

Re: MMO Development

Post by Airco » 08 Jan 2016, 14:50

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Tenchrio

Post by Tenchrio » 08 Jan 2016, 18:42

I think he is more referring to how the game is progressing, what features are currently done or are being worked on as we speak.

Honestly I am a bit curious myself, there seems to be no talk about the MMO on the news page, at least for the last month. Let alone we know what development is on new YO features (any newcomer might get the feeling this is another EA abandoned before it was finished) until they are finished.
I remembered I was addicted to the Bungie forums because each week they had a weekly update with news on DLC, updates and the community so I had a reason to keep checking every week, really showed they were open to talk about progress to their community, something I wish more gamedevs did.

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 08 Jan 2016, 21:25

http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/08/life- ... beta-test/

Today interview with Piskunov, very interesting with some amazing features he is speaking about.

Guys, if you are able to make LIF a true sandbox mmorpg, i will instant donate and play this game for years.
I really like the YO concept but i really hate co-op and multiplayer instanced games, so if the MMORPG iteration will see the light soon you will have my 100% support.

I pray for you guys to be succesfull and release an amazing sandbox, the mmorpg market need these games, is stagnating for so many years.
The 2016 can be an amazing turnover, LIF:MMO, the new Darkfall and maybe Crowfall, i'm dreaming.
Played:
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Ultima Online
EvE
LiF: YO

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 09 Jan 2016, 01:08

Kdchan wrote:http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/08/life-is-feudal-transforms-into-an-mmo-with-its-march-beta-test/

Today interview with Piskunov, very interesting with some amazing features he is speaking about.

[...]

What is talked about in this interview is a bit ludicrous.
Considering the advances this game is making, especially viewing the lack of carts in the last update, and also the amount of "news" we get here, I just don't believe we get MMO ready in 3 months, or that those interesting features in the interview make in in this time.

And then the guild war system with instances...
That have NO fortifications?

And only a siege when you are at Monument level 1? Meaning only the most close fortifications matter?

Sounds depressing.
My hopes for the MMO get lower.
German RP Server

Airco

Post by Airco » 09 Jan 2016, 09:00

in wich way is that source reliable?
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 09 Jan 2016, 12:33

Read it - I must say, he didn't get a lot of the things Bobik must have told him, if they've even really met. Wars and instanced battles will be different things. State of war will allow guilds to raid eachother members' personal claims that are out of the protected perimeters of their city monument, kill and loot eachother with no alignment loss and of course declare battles and sieges. It is made for PvP players to have some fun regularly, and guilds to destroy eachother if need be.

The "swearing fealty" thing has always been in the plans and is not a "maybe". That's how kingdoms will form.

March as an absolute date will remain doubtful in my mind as long as they do not announce it clearly here.

But I don't blame the interviewer, I know what it is to comprehend dat "engrrrrrish", hey Bobik ? :D

Anvel

Post by Anvel » 09 Jan 2016, 15:05

Yeah me and my boys from darkfall are playing LiF:YO and having alot of fun while waiting for MMO. I have been checking the forums once and awhile and the lack of info and attitudes of some people (maybe justified frustration) scares me into nightmares of AV days all over again.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 10 Jan 2016, 02:16

March is a possibility for the MMO beta, but not a firm date. It may be later.

I wish people would keep in mind that parts are worked on in parallel in the software world. It isn't work on X, then work on Y, and why didn't you finish V before starting on Z?

Its really more of the developer working on V was out sick, so could not finish it, while the devs for Z just finished working with the art department and are ready to move forward with the concept. While the work on X is finishing up and will be ready for the next patch. Y however, ran into some issues, and might not make it into the next release.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 10 Jan 2016, 12:23

I just saw what you wrote Deus X, and yet again, the interviewer or whoever wrote this blog wasn't accurate. Yes, during battles there will be no fortifications. But the battle will happen outside of the city so it doesn't matter much. It is just to prevent the defenders from building castle walls in a second right before the battle and get a huge advantage.

As for sieges, yes, only the fortifications inside the safe part of the city radius will matter, as it is the only radius that will be left after the city has lost too many battles. But it will be very big, so there should be enough space. But even Bobik himself hasn't been very clear on how exactly will this kind of thing work : what if you want to expand your fortifications to the area that would be outside of city claim if a siege was to happen ? They will be useless.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Jan 2016, 14:20

Airco wrote:in wich way is that source reliable?

https://plus.google.com/104345436778977274845

an interview with bobik must be a source..
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 11 Jan 2016, 16:02

Hoshiqua wrote:I just saw what you wrote Deus X, and yet again, the interviewer or whoever wrote this blog wasn't accurate. Yes, during battles there will be no fortifications. But the battle will happen outside of the city so it doesn't matter much. It is just to prevent the defenders from building castle walls in a second right before the battle and get a huge advantage.

As for sieges, yes, only the fortifications inside the safe part of the city radius will matter, as it is the only radius that will be left after the city has lost too many battles. But it will be very big, so there should be enough space. But even Bobik himself hasn't been very clear on how exactly will this kind of thing work : what if you want to expand your fortifications to the area that would be outside of city claim if a siege was to happen ? They will be useless.

Thanks for a clarification, but I don't see a real difference to the system described in the interview.

I can't imagine the radius being much bigger than in YO, since the whole server is only 21 times larger. Counting the servers of YO, and active playing people, its getting crowded enough as it is.

That means, that a real city will never be besieged the normal way, but the attackers will take the city by open field battles instead of besieging outer walls and taking it step by step, wall ring by wall ring.

I wouldn't have anything against a more reliable source and clarification, but seeing the communicaiton of the devs I'll take what I can get to get more information about the game.
And it seems that this interview was a new recent interview, since it was done after the "release".
Haven't seen more information recently, so I'll take that as the most current and exact info.
German RP Server

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 11 Jan 2016, 20:32

Great to see some news about the MMO. I also wish the devs would give more regular updates on how things are going. It would get everyone more excited about the release!

I will say, though, that I have reserved feelings about the way wars are to be handled. I would prefer something similar to how Darkfall handles sieges. Going to an instance to resolve a battle sounds odd.

However, time will tell as to how it actually works. If done well, it could still be a lot of fun.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Jan 2016, 21:58

Hoshiqua wrote:I just saw what you wrote Deus X, and yet again, the interviewer or whoever wrote this blog wasn't accurate. Yes, during battles there will be no fortifications. But the battle will happen outside of the city so it doesn't matter much. It is just to prevent the defenders from building castle walls in a second right before the battle and get a huge advantage.

Actually, there wasn't a lot of difference between them. Anything different could be easily attributed to how each interviewee translated their native language to English.

Also, it has been stated in several places that battles will take place on a cloned server using terrain that represents something closely matching the terrain between the two in the MMO. This is to prevent the building of fortifications and other non-invited guests from participating.

Lastly, building fortifications outside of the city claim area would still be beneficial. Opponents would still need to breech those defenses to get to the city wall. The attackers wouldn't automatically be placed anywhere, they still need to travel to your city. So using towers, fortifications, and fodder would still be an option.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 11 Jan 2016, 22:46

No it wouldn't, because they would decay, so it would take huge amount of repair kits to keep those fortifications up. And of course the gates would be openable by enemies and stuff..

And yes, thanks for clearing that up : battles WILL happen on instanced servers.

But what do you mean "between the two" ?

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 12 Jan 2016, 03:35

Deus-X-Incognita wrote:
Kdchan wrote:http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/08/life-is-feudal-transforms-into-an-mmo-with-its-march-beta-test/

[...]

What is talked about in this interview is a bit ludicrous.
Considering the advances this game is making, especially viewing the lack of carts in the last update, and also the amount of "news" we get here, I just don't believe we get MMO ready in 3 months, or that those interesting features in the interview make in in this time.

And then the guild war system with instances...
That have NO fortifications?

And only a siege when you are at Monument level 1? Meaning only the most close fortifications matter?

Sounds depressing.
My hopes for the MMO get lower.

Most of these features have been planned since 2011 man.
Nothing in that interview was new for me, except for the March date! :Yahoo!:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2016, 16:32

Hoshiqua wrote:No it wouldn't, because they would decay, so it would take huge amount of repair kits to keep those fortifications up. And of course the gates would be openable by enemies and stuff..

And yes, thanks for clearing that up : battles WILL happen on instanced servers.

But what do you mean "between the two" ?

The devs will use the two home locations then stage the battle using the terrain features found somewhere in between. The purpose is to replicate what an actual invasion would entail, with multiple battles occurring farther away from the defenders home, then moving closer if the defenders lose.

As for the other bit about the defenses decaying, yes, they would. However, the siege has to happen within a couple of days of the defender dropping from a level 2 monument to a level 1 monument. Otherwise the defending guild will have upgraded to level 2 again.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2016, 16:40

After giving it some more thought however, I wanted to let the dev team know that a closed beta in March just isn't going to work for me.

Not with season two of Dare Devil being released.

Return to General Discussion