Question About Taming

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Rabbit221
True Believer

Question About Taming

Post by Rabbit221 » 07 Jan 2016, 20:19

Our little village is finally getting into taming bulls/goats/pigs at this point and I'm having trouble getting close to them or if I try to aggro a peaceful animal, I kill it before I can piss them off enough to attack me.

My question is, what is the best method for taming bulls/goats/pigs? I can never get close enough unless they knock me out and stand above me until I regain consciousness. I've seen people talk about inching up to them but for me that has NEVER worked. They ALWAYS get up and run at some point before I can get close.

Are there any weapons or ammo that can pacify an animal to tame instead of kill it? I can't find much other than people saying sneak up or attack them until they attack you but it's getting to the point where I just don't know what to do to get close enough.

Dakkon

Re: Question About Taming

Post by Dakkon » 07 Jan 2016, 20:22

Easiest method atm if for 2 people to drag the animal to a coast, have 1 in front, one behind and just keep bouncing it back and forth between you while trying to tame.

If your trying to solo tame only thing i could suggest is try traps, get the animal to run through one and it will be rooted for a short time.

Cevo
Beta Tester

Post by Cevo » 07 Jan 2016, 22:57

You don't necessarily have to bring to the coast, the easiest way is with 2 people. Have one person shoot with a bow or sling, that essentially gives them Agro, have the other person come in and get closer and they typically don't run. You may have to shoot a couple times, you can usually tell when they're getting close to death and that is when it's easiest.

Secondly, one person can sometimes tame, shoot until it charges you. Most times they will attack and knock you out, sometimes they bug and try to do damage. Based on skill and luck a couple apples up to many many apples will do the trick.

Rickjames
Zealous Believer

Post by Rickjames » 14 Jan 2016, 09:08

Try these two methods and ignore all others....

1) Bring a buddy with a ranged weapon... Have buddy shoot animal
you run up and tame him ez mode

2) Bring 2x blunt arrows or bolts Shoot animal run up and tame it.

Both of these methods work 100% of the time

Return to General Discussion