Prospecting

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Vespers

Prospecting

Post by Vespers » 07 Jan 2016, 15:50

I am getting so frustrated with looking for ore.
I get a hit with a setting of R8, now theoretically if I move NEW or S this number should decrease but it doesn't. Now I know that I am doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. I've looked at the tutorials on Youtube and most of the techniques described I had worked out my self.

I would be so grateful if someone could just give me a simple explanation of what I need to do....

Deus-X-Incognita

Re: Prospecting

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 07 Jan 2016, 17:51

I am not really experienced in searching ore, but my guess:

If moving towards one North, East, South and West doesn't decrease your distance, the direction you need is DOWN.
As dig into the earth.
German RP Server

Dakkon

Post by Dakkon » 07 Jan 2016, 19:38

A few things can cause that, you may need to tunnel down as Deus suggested. If your against the side of a hill or mountain it could be that many blocks in.

The 3rd possibility can be a bit more confusing, if your in a low terrain area you could be detecting the seabed/bedrock then runs below the entire map, which will give you a false positive when prospecting.

Nextactus

Post by Nextactus » 07 Jan 2016, 21:51

or it could be a cluster of ore veins you're finding. There may be like 4-5 tiles of ore all in a nice block/row. I find this all the time especially when after iron/copper.

Make sure you check all cardinal directions to see where it is. when you find something on R8 as you said move it down to 6 then start going N/S/E/W till you see it again....If you do not see it then the other guy was right and it is litterally straight down 8 tiles...

Rickjames
Zealous Believer

Post by Rickjames » 14 Jan 2016, 09:12

I usually take some plant fiber and drop the amount of fiber for the distance away ie 8 away 8 fiber.. that way i can keep track of it. Using this method i tracked gold down on the big mountain to within 2

Return to General Discussion