Is this the official forum, or is it the steam one?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Deus-X-Incognita

Is this the official forum, or is it the steam one?

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 20 Jan 2016, 00:50

Cause you know:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/d ... 200873148/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/d ... 362192577/

These things for example have not been linked here as far as i could see.

I like my information condensed, and want to check 1 place for it, not several - or stumble about something by chance after some time - maybe because someone other than a developer linked to it.
There might be several communities, and there might be reasons for it, but statements by devs should be here or in both - not exclusive elsewhere.

The bug tracker is, for example, located here, and its one of your best instruments - and probably a very important one.
A hint that this is still the official forum.
So why are the developers and their posts divided and not in both places?
German RP Server

Arrakis

Re: Is this the official forum, or is it the steam one?

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jan 2016, 12:31

Both are official, of course. Steam forums though are generally for LiF:YO and technical stuff related to that particular game. And the reason that some things are sometimes not shown here is because we rather prefer to keep main forums for big news and announcements, while the small stuff like sneak peeks etc are presented on social medias like facebook/twitter/reddit and sometimes steam. But since it is important for you, we will try to change that and share those things here aswell, starting now. ;)

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 20 Jan 2016, 17:05

Arrakis09 wrote:Both are official, of course. Steam forums though are generally for LiF:YO and technical stuff related to that particular game. And the reason that some things are sometimes not shown here is because we rather prefer to keep main forums for big news and announcements, while the small stuff like sneak peeks etc are presented on social medias like facebook/twitter/reddit and sometimes steam. But since it is important for you, we will try to change that and share those things here aswell, starting now. ;)

I would argue that THESE are the main forums , no? If it's branded life is feudal .com/forums many could safely assume that it is the first place to check , this confused me as well ... The steam forums seem more lively than the real forums (for bug fixes and dev reports at leAst), strange because steam community is by far more toxic than any fora members could be . Just a tip to devs from a long time and many alpha game tester : your game still feels as though it's in alpha , and the fact that it's released fully really bothers me (and I'm sure others) . The devs have a great game but I hope they didn't make a large mistake of rushing it like this for the mmo that somehow held more importance .

The shortcuts show through the game : playing it for a while and even visiting the forums; everything just feels incomplete.. Lots of little bugs from visual (terrible fps on great machines , resolution errors and crashes) to Audio (chicken sounds in empty coops, hawk sounds on mountains overlapping) and even the game mechanics (lots of weird decisions like forced skill trees making certain builds, and the inability to deconstruct fully made things without a silly monument, or for that matter having to have level up construction to simply deconstruct ) the game is far from a realistic serf life for many of those decisions . I hope no one will see this as an attack but I truly believe every aspect of this game was rushed (even as far down as the underlying mechanics and user interface , it's just messy) and another year of early access could have truly molded this game into something far greater .

I will continue to play and care for this game , but it will never become great in the larger mainstream communities eyes simply for the reasons above , rushed content and mechanics. Also , in my eyes you can't say this is a "niche" game and not supposed to appeal to the mainstream , because truth of the matter is it's an idea everyone could get behind if the execution was right, I just really wish we could rewind and continue alpha and beta for at least another 6 months each . We need a wider audience to critique the game , it's UI is still an eyesore on all accounts (even being modular) and there are mechanics that don't make sense , aren't balanced , or just plain don't work , and some things just turn towards unrealistic when the game boasts to be a realistic serf life game (even sometimes referred to as a "simulator").

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 20 Jan 2016, 21:55

Arrakis09 wrote:[...] But since it is important for you, we will try to change that and share those things here as well, starting now. ;)

Thanks a lot, I am sure there are others that are not too big on social media - or on checking more places than one.

Interesting to know though, that you view the Steam Forums as the one for YO.
Might be a good info to put somewhere here too - if it isn't somewhere, haven't stumbled over it yet.
German RP Server

Rulant

Post by Rulant » 20 Jan 2016, 22:27

I prefer checking one forum for a games info and figured the official ones would be the place to be. Hopefully people start coming over from steam ones to here when wanting discussions/info.

Return to General Discussion