Personalized Kingdom Coins

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Personalized Kingdom Coins

Post by Ishamael » 31 Jan 2016, 16:11

I'm hashing out the following idea before I submit to the suggestions... This is the initial idea, so there's a lot of room for improvement I'd imagine.

Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold coin forging specific to kingdoms...

Once players have a claim, allow them to forge coins specific to their kingdom which then goes on to effect vendor prices.

When selling, you have the following options...

Vendor Options:

"Other Kingdoms Coins"
When selling items, you can allow vendor to select "other coins" with increased item prices... possibly have an option to reject other kingdom coins entirely.

Example: I have 10 gold pieces from Kingdom A, but I'm in a town in Kingdom B that charges extra for "foreign coins" which means items cost more for these coins.

OR

"Kingdom Coins"
When selling items, you can reduce prices for coins of your own kingdom.

Example: I only have 7 gold pieces for Kingdom B, but the vendors in Kingdom B are charging less if you use their own currency.

OTHER NOTES:
Add a "Banker" building that allows you to switch foreign coins or raw materials for "kingdom coins".

Each kingdom can have a specific code and when the coins are forged they add this specific code to the coin. It seems like it would be easy to program into the game since you're adding essentially a single ID variable to the kingdoms which is extremely easy for the server to serialize. Then when the vendors are used just have an "if" check to see if the kingdom id of the coin matches the kingdom id of the vendor before presenting a player with a list of prices.

SYSTEM IMPACT:
This would allow for a very dynamic and interesting currency system that may give more purpose to using currency instead of just bartering. If there is a very successful trade city then they can create an incentive to use their currency instead of other currency which would make for a competitive economy with other kingdoms.

Example:
Person A: Hey, I have this job for you and it will pay 10 gold coins from Kingdom A.

Person B: Hmm... I'm actually looking for Kingdom B coins. Can you pay me in those?

Person A: No sorry, I don't have any of those.

Person B: Well, I guess you should get some sucka.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Re: Personalized Kingdom Coins

Post by HolyCrusader » 01 Feb 2016, 14:33

Ishamael wrote:I'm hashing out the following idea before I submit to the suggestions... This is the initial idea, so there's a lot of room for improvement I'd imagine.

Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold coin forging specific to kingdoms...

Once players have a claim, allow them to forge coins specific to their kingdom which then goes on to effect vendor prices.

When selling, you have the following options...

Vendor Options:

"Other Kingdoms Coins"
When selling items, you can allow vendor to select "other coins" with increased item prices... possibly have an option to reject other kingdom coins entirely.

Example: I have 10 gold pieces from Kingdom A, but I'm in a town in Kingdom B that charges extra for "foreign coins" which means items cost more for these coins.

OR

"Kingdom Coins"
When selling items, you can reduce prices for coins of your own kingdom.

Example: I only have 7 gold pieces for Kingdom B, but the vendors in Kingdom B are charging less if you use their own currency.

OTHER NOTES:
Add a "Banker" building that allows you to switch foreign coins or raw materials for "kingdom coins".

Each kingdom can have a specific code and when the coins are forged they add this specific code to the coin. It seems like it would be easy to program into the game since you're adding essentially a single ID variable to the kingdoms which is extremely easy for the server to serialize. Then when the vendors are used just have an "if" check to see if the kingdom id of the coin matches the kingdom id of the vendor before presenting a player with a list of prices.

SYSTEM IMPACT:
This would allow for a very dynamic and interesting currency system that may give more purpose to using currency instead of just bartering. If there is a very successful trade city then they can create an incentive to use their currency instead of other currency which would make for a competitive economy with other kingdoms.

Example:
Person A: Hey, I have this job for you and it will pay 10 gold coins from Kingdom A.

Person B: Hmm... I'm actually looking for Kingdom B coins. Can you pay me in those?

Person A: No sorry, I don't have any of those.

Person B: Well, I guess you should get some sucka.

I like this because it allows for "Trader kingdoms" to emerge for players who don't really wanna PVP (Although I don't know how people can play this game and hope to avoid PVP altogether) who would have neutrality with a bunch of other kingdoms who are constantly warring with each other. I think it spices up diplomacy quite a bit.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 01 Feb 2016, 16:35

I really like this idea but I think this idea is already in the works from what I understood from reading an interview recently.

I hope you can flat out reject other people's coins.

It would also be nice if there was a physical difference between the kingdoms coins.

I want to see Economic and real wars over this stuff. Gold mines going crazy mining and printing money so they are dominating a market cause they flood it with cheap gold coin buying everything up then after they have flooded the market stop taking anything other then their coin making it the defacto currency of like 12 kingdoms. Yes please

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 01 Feb 2016, 20:17

I think it would be easiest to code if the devs just had an ID variable that was stored with each coin object to keep track of what kingdom made it with them just named differently.

It sounds WAAYYYyyy more difficult to make them look different (as cool as that would be).
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Return to General Discussion