history records ¿?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

He-man
Alpha Tester

history records ¿?

Post by He-man » 12 Jan 2014, 22:39

I dont know if someone already had this idea, but it would be nice if there is some kind of official history records to remember a great battle, siege, the destruction or foundation of a kingdom, etc.
Something that record that good time that you spended with your friends in a long-time gone guild xd

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Re: history records ¿?

Post by Telakh » 13 Jan 2014, 06:28

Why doesn't each clan try to keep it's own history at least? =)
Last edited by Telakh on 13 Jan 2014, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 13 Jan 2014, 08:00

Well, I deffinitely plan to keep track of Vatican's history :)

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius » 01 Feb 2014, 10:39

You could hire an historian in your guild to keep track of your own history ahahah

Skoggarman

Post by Skoggarman » 10 Feb 2014, 07:26

I feel it'd be super important to have not only records of great things like creation of kingdoms, but also records of an individual's actions.

I'd like to know how a person played a character so I could know them, count on them to behave in a certain way. For the casual player who is busy in real life, this would be crucial!

I play rust sometimes, and it is difficult to know anybody since I only play a few hours a week. I'm alienated from the game and everyone because of this.

Plus, it'd make the game more fun if I knew who stole my stuff, killed my friend, helped me out that one time. And I don't want to have to keep the records myself.

We play this game on computers and we should use them to keep records of people's behavior. I'm not sure what sort of records, perhaps just "X killed Y" or "X traded with Y". Any more in depth, to provide context, would be way more involved. But I feel a simple record of what happened when would be fairly easy to save/manage.

Perhaps there could be a skill like sleuthing that would allow players to have more info, like when "X did Z to Y" or what was traded or whatever.

I hope that it will be easy to understand my experience in the game as part of a story. Being able to view a record of events would help me to do that. :beer:

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 10 Feb 2014, 13:25

I suggested in game books that you could write in. It woudl lend itself perfectly to this suggestion, and all records would be in game and readable by the players.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 10 Feb 2014, 15:35

Great idea, but how would we keep the track of our history annals? "At the 21st day of server time a great battle shook the earth in the Mainland..." sounds kinda stupid :D maybe LiF will have some kind of fantasy timeline? Like elder scrolls?
QUAERO TOTUS

Cloud
Alpha Tester

Post by Cloud » 10 Feb 2014, 15:48

Sting5 wrote:Great idea, but how would we keep the track of our history annals? "At the 21st day of server time a great battle shook the earth in the Mainland..." sounds kinda stupid :D maybe LiF will have some kind of fantasy timeline? Like elder scrolls?

You mean if there was a guild battle between the 2 guilds and there was like a memorial stone at the field or something that said

'The Great Battle of "Location", started "date" finished "date" between guilds "name" and "name".

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 10 Feb 2014, 16:08

Maybe an engraving skill so you could erect stone monuments with a short dedication on them.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 10 Feb 2014, 17:44

Cloud wrote:
Sting5 wrote:Great idea, but how would we keep the track of our history annals? "At the 21st day of server time a great battle shook the earth in the Mainland..." sounds kinda stupid :D maybe LiF will have some kind of fantasy timeline? Like elder scrolls?

You mean if there was a guild battle between the 2 guilds and there was like a memorial stone at the field or something that said

'The Great Battle of "Location", started "date" finished "date" between guilds "name" and "name".
This, or anything that would be considered as fluent timeline, fit as date. Any type of measure needs beginning, continued by measurement units, up to the end.
QUAERO TOTUS

Cloud
Alpha Tester

Post by Cloud » 10 Feb 2014, 18:05

Sting5 wrote:
Cloud wrote:

This, or anything that would be considered as fluent timeline, fit as date. Any type of measure needs beginning, continued by measurement units, up to the end.

Yea, we have to try out the game first and see what its like. Can't wait for that! :D

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 10 Feb 2014, 19:04

This is just inviting a battle over the 12 or 13 month calender...
Cimmerian Mercenary

Return to Suggestions and Ideas