Small Clans.

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Small Clans.

Post by Proximo » 22 Mar 2014, 00:40

I'm interested to know how many clans (guilds) of small tight knit groups of friends or anything else will be playing. Any clan with the 10 prerequisite people at least and any number above it. I would like to know if your group is a jack of all trades type or specialized in something. If you have land owning goals or not. If your very picky about recruitment or don't recruit at all. If your looking to take part in Warfare but fear your to small. If your already interested in a certain part of the map.

Basically what is your goal as a group.

I'm interested in these things because ATS is a medium to large sized clan. We do recruit but not everybody and we respect the autonomy many players and groups want to have. I'm a big supporter of small groups and don't want to assimilate them into a massive clan.

It's to early to plan around game mechanics but I would like to see if anyone may be interested in making mutually beneficial deals.

For example, if your a mercenary group you could rent a large barracks in our town. You may have 10 exactly or a little more but want to fight in a war. Your group may want to make a lumber camp and mass produce wood crafts and have a safe place to store them and sell them.

Any enterprise you may want to try I would like to hear it and possibly support it as a larger guild. Also by all means if game mechanics permit which looks to be the case, the same idea is open for individuals.

OO_Zoe

Re: Small Clans.

Post by OO_Zoe » 23 Mar 2014, 20:05

I have a group of player coming to LiF with me from my War of the Vikings clan. I have just over the needed ten players and we are interested in setting up a small kingdom claim somewhere in the cold North so we can trade and raid. Our main goal is to be a raiding group as well as a mercenary war band selling our swords and shields but we will sell and trade when it suits us.

We are interested in some moderate role playing as we are a Viking themed group. We may ggrow into something bigger and better later but we are mostly interested in being Vikings to start which is why I wish there was a Pagan faith in game for people like us.
immortality awaits, in Asgard's hall I'll guarantee
in the ranks of the brave, you'll have a place if you follow me

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 23 Mar 2014, 20:12

I think this is where LiF will shine above a lot of other games in terms of actual kingdom mechanics rather than simple alliance/diplomacy settings that make it confusing to delineate who is part of what central group.

Having Orders and Realms subordinate to Kingdoms will help do exactly what Proximo describes. Guilds like SSR and ATS have been the backbone of several larger groups and this system will help us further realize what we've set out to do in terms of allowing smaller groups their autonomy while belonging to a larger, well-organized community. Silver Sun Republic has organized ourselves with other, smaller groups to maintain their individual identities like this for years. I'm glad it has finally made its way into the game as a mechanic that we can take advantage of and fully implement.

As for your group, OO_Zoe, I think having a "pagan" Kingdom with subordinate Orders and Realms would help you guys create your own religious system aligned according to similar themes.

The mechanics are there for us to use, we can easily close the gaps by working together on different levels and make that happen.

Maurizio
Alpha Tester

Post by Maurizio » 24 Mar 2014, 12:16

RIP is a smaller tight knit clan, we tend to normally run with a core group of players ranging from about 6-8 - 10-15+ depending on how well the game is upon launch or when it enters Beta stage we will know more. Our Turn out of Darkfall Unholy wars Beta was pretty good about 15 of us active.

We tend to always be a group that is a known name to not back down and always put up a good fight. We were one of the only clans to actively populate and defend a Hamlet in Darkfall 1, as our numbers and strength grew from skilling up and learning how to play as a team, we started to win many outnumbering fights.

We were never a OMG they are the best clan the game has seen type of clan, but then again we never tried to be, we like to stick to mainly the guys that we have and we slowly like to add more to our core in a slower pace.

We always have our eye on some land, where exactly I have no clue, going to have to figure out more before a decision like that is made. Keeping an eye open for possible good alliances.

As far as myself, I am the head leader of the group but when all our core is on there are many of who can make a decision, I/we are not known to have any bad reputation attached to us, in fact most of our relations have always been good, even in bad situations.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 25 Mar 2014, 00:13

OO_Zoe wrote:I have a group of player coming to LiF with me from my War of the Vikings clan. I have just over the needed ten players and we are interested in setting up a small kingdom claim somewhere in the cold North so we can trade and raid. Our main goal is to be a raiding group as well as a mercenary war band selling our swords and shields but we will sell and trade when it suits us.

We are interested in some moderate role playing as we are a Viking themed group. We may ggrow into something bigger and better later but we are mostly interested in being Vikings to start which is why I wish there was a Pagan faith in game for people like us.

The way the game is planned you can RP pagans, piety is directly linked to alignment and more specifically positive alignment with a few blessings. You can RP pagans or any other religion and just declare war on any clan you want for RP reasons or otherwise.

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 31 May 2014, 20:59

I have a Guild I just formed today (The Duchy of Camorr) with only one member (me!). However, this may not exactly fit in this category because I don't intend it to be small...
However, there will be a core oligarchy (operating under my direct supervision as Duke) of around 5-10 players, so...
(does this count as spam... cuz I'm kind of recruiting...)
Update: Somebody Joined! HUZZAH!!!!!
Yeah, I think we qualify as "small."
Another edit: EIGHT MEMBERS (+2 not on Steam) AND COUNTING... WOOOT!!!!
Last edited by Strategos on 16 Aug 2014, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Link to the Duchy of Camorr Official Website:
http://duchyofcamorr.enjin.com/
Link to the Duchy of Camorr thread:
the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/
Link to The Duchy of Camorr Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theduchyofcamorr

SilentAssassin

Post by SilentAssassin » 29 Jun 2014, 19:03

The order that I have created is "The Order of the Silver Sword". I have 13 friends that are planning on getting the game and a few more people that might get it. We are a mercenary faction that can be hired by other people and groups. I am planning on expanding the group over time.

CaptObvious6003

Post by CaptObvious6003 » 24 Sep 2014, 03:14

I recently created my Otaku Nation, and at the moment I only have 3 members not including myself. I plan on founding a kingdom and hopefully create a great and respectable nation.

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 24 Sep 2014, 23:45

Considering the Abundance of Small Clans, I've decided to head a Coalition of Free and Independent States, designed to protect the Independence of Said Clans without interfering internally. There are three member nations, and ye can findeth out more at the following link:
the-coalition-of-free-and-independent-states-cfis-t1280/

VelrikEros

Post by VelrikEros » 29 Sep 2014, 16:17

Hey I was interested in joining a clan( I am new to the alpha test) but I am not sure what would be a good server to start on and where I might go to find a clan, any pointers?

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 29 Sep 2014, 20:49

I'm biased, but why not come join the Duchy of Camorr?

CaptObvious6003

Post by CaptObvious6003 » 29 Sep 2014, 22:26

If you're looking for a guild, go on to the guilds recruitment forum which can be found here:http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/recruitment/. There are plenty of groups and guilds for you to choose from. I, myself, run the Otaku Nation if you're interested.

KingofConquerors

Post by KingofConquerors » 30 Sep 2014, 02:28

army-of-the-king-server-included-recruiting-t2917

Joining my army shall grant you true honor and glory!

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 30 Sep 2014, 15:06

If your looking for a fun Guild, "The Abby" my be what you are after.
Which is going to give sanctuary to ALL that comes which they will receive HEALING & FOOD/WINE.
BUT YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR WEAPONS AT THE GATE.

What they offer in return is PURELY OPTIONAL. NOT DEMANDED.

Trade will always be Welcomed.

PM ME for more info.

I'm the "Protestant Pastor" of "The Abby".
Most of the guys that are joining will still be able to PVP but all with a positive Alignment (the Knights/Men at Arms of the Truth).

Must have a Piety of 60 to have the "Monks outfit".

Plus maintain an Alignment of 25+.
Aussie Pastor
Real Life Pastor that's a gamer.

The_Warden
Zealous Believer

Post by The_Warden » 29 Feb 2016, 16:59

I'm currently running a small band of bounty hunters/ mers when we have the numbers on game we really enjoy are role to an rp aspect. the server we are on has just started up and has a really great idea behind it once the community forms on the server right now it has only 12 slots because the admin wants the community to build up before he goes all the way with the server first because of how much he pays for the server. i haven't gotten a better ping from any server than this on and its based in the states like i rock 30-40 ping even with family on the internet at the same time.

the server itself is a RP server with a lower than average skill cap because the admin believes with a lower skill cap means you have to work with others you need to form bonds with other settlements to get those supplies you need. with the skill cap at 600 you'll need about three guys to make a decent settlement and honestly thats great cause i see on other servers huts scattered all over the place and people playing by them selves and LIF isnt ment to be played like that.

but the reason i am posting this is because id hate to see this server fall threw the cracks. even if just the leaders of guilds looking for a good server to start a new on came on and talked to the admin about his ideas i almost know you will like were he is going with it and would love to help with the origins of the community that will form on the server.

the servers name is without borders it only has 12 slots and say bern sent you.

p.s forgive any spelling errors yes i know some grammar nazi will bitch me out probably lol

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics