Making flux TOO easy.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Nesterus

Making flux TOO easy.

Post by Nesterus » 26 Feb 2016, 17:02

This is sadly a very common occurrence with game companies, you made flux a joke now that it is so simple to gather, never again will any of us have to go harvest herbs for an hour, the entire line just became trivialized because flux is nothing more than an afterthought, plant 10 herbal gardens go to sleep come back to 450 flux herb pairs.

sure the quality of flux is shit, but the point is that it takes no work to amass a thousand shit quality flux in a night, who ran these numbers? What thought process thought that this was a "good" change?

Trollinet

Re: Making flux TOO easy.

Post by Trollinet » 27 Feb 2016, 12:24

I agree for some points : Before, it was too long, and now, it's too easy. You only need to find 2 good herbs that produces flux and you don't ever need to search for the others.

It was maybe necessary to make it easier, but wow, it's a litte too much now. For the game, it could be good (the difficult of farming flux was a real barrier for most players), but it gives no more interest for the herbalist carrier.

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 28 Feb 2016, 07:12

I can understand the herb garden is a blessing for solo players or small groups.

But I'd say the need to make flux easier is debatable.
The game is clearly designed to work together in a medium-large groups. In our guilds every herb you collect is a flux herb, if you can't use the herb, then one of the 10 other herbalists can.

Even the 3600 flux for the Tier 4 monument is no issue without a herb garden.

So yes with a herb garden, it's just to easy.

NAZGULL

Post by NAZGULL » 02 Mar 2016, 14:13

as a full time working dad of 3, yes the herb garden is a blessing. my guild is small, 3 of us on pretty much the exact same schedule. on a low - medium populated server. realistically flux shouldn't be any more difficult or time consuming to make/harvest then charcoal.

i never was a fan of it being used as currency either, but meh, whatever

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 03 Mar 2016, 10:03

I think these gardens are made especially for the MMO for the guilds. 'Coz I can't imagine anyone of us to harvest tons of herbs for the entire guild for hours and hours ... Better to kill you self ! That's why we had gardens, wich is really helpfull. Of course the quality is delicate to manage but generally you don't care to have q10 flux for your house.

I mean high Q flux is necessary for the main gate or something very "sensitive" like bloomery. So for these little things you don't need to harvest a lot of time.

On the YO version even without garden it is really easy to get flux. Now it is easier to get it.

Return to Feedback Section