WOW... but ;(

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Prion
Alpha Tester

WOW... but ;(

Post by Prion » 11 Feb 2014, 11:56

Hehe, let me begin with what is probably the default thread by now saying the concept of this game is amazing. Not quite like anything i've ever heard of!
So excited.

However I have one concern;
as I understand it the first server will be in europe,
and possibly an eventual north american, or american server.
That leaves me wondering will there ever be a south east asia or Aus/NZ server? (living in aus myself)

I don't expect it to be a priority for the devs, nor does it really deserve to be, given how much smaller the player base is but it makes me sad that I will pretty much never be able to play without 200+ ping if so.

I suppose i can be the guy chilling at home cooking epic meals or something...

Vallras
Alpha Tester

Re: WOW... but ;(

Post by Vallras » 11 Feb 2014, 12:59

First welcome to the LiF community, and second as an Aussie player myself I hope they do eventually add a server for us, till then I'll stick to crafting .

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 11 Feb 2014, 13:22

Possibly the reason why I'll be the lady cooking epic meals, creating alchemic concoctions, and healing my warlords in-game! I'm from Southeast Asia, too. :)

Ariel
Alpha Tester

Post by Ariel » 11 Feb 2014, 14:17

Well I'm from South Africa, and the day I hear a noticeable MMO come from here will probably not be in my lifetime :lol:

I've played quite a number of MMO's myself and having around 200 ping has never really amounted to an issue.
I have a feeling that, for a game such as LiF, around 200 ping won't have a bad impact at all :)

And also, welcome to the community :D

Prion
Alpha Tester

Post by Prion » 11 Feb 2014, 23:03

well ariel I suppose it depends what MMOs you mean..
but are you saying you've played a game like mount & blade (or chivalry medieval warfare) with 200 or so ping and it isnt a problem?

Sensei
Alpha Tester

Post by Sensei » 12 Feb 2014, 00:04

Without being a coder or game designer myself, I do know that the main issue I see talked about when it comes to combat systems is latency. How that is precisely designed and dealt with in LiF I guess we will find out soon enough. I also live in Asia and I have seen plenty of Alpha testers that come from these time zones, as well as West Coast USA. I'm sure server access speed and any latency issues will be thoroughly tested.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 12 Feb 2014, 01:30

The network architecture that LiF is built upon is something I've personally worked with on projects in the past. It is one of the most superior frameworks and has actually been snatched up and included in other game engines.

Before I invested any time and money of my own into the game I asked some very pointed questions to figure out if the devs knew what they were doing. 3 years later and a gaping hole in my bank account speak for the confidence I have in the devs and their ability to work with the engine they've chosen.

That doesn't address the issue of proximity to servers, but compared to most games I believe the network code will be less of a factor.

Prion
Alpha Tester

Post by Prion » 12 Feb 2014, 01:59

Sensei, having seen these alpha testers, can you tell me, is their ping indicated in the game? I'm curious to see how good/bad it is....

Sensei
Alpha Tester

Post by Sensei » 12 Feb 2014, 02:11

The next closed Alpha should be getting going soon if all goes according to the announced plan. We can probably collect data then.
I'm not sure what will be possible to see - FPS maybe?

All I have atm is my own speed from Japan to this forum - avg 303ms

Ariel
Alpha Tester

Post by Ariel » 12 Feb 2014, 07:03

I have played a variety, and most of the time, not all, I do admit, I don't have problems. MMO's like guild wars 2, League of legends, wurm, mount and blade as well. It might have something to do with my ISP, I'm not sure, and I'm not the most techinically savvy person around :crazy: But I hope that the experience will be satisfactory when the game releases and all the optimization has been performed. :)

Return to Newcomer Section