How to attack enemy bases ( WITHOUT judgement hour)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Some_Jerk
True Believer

How to attack enemy bases ( WITHOUT judgement hour)

Post by Some_Jerk » 09 Mar 2016, 21:19

The server I'm playing on is PvP encouraged, and has no JH. Recently my group attacked an enemy monument with torches and couldn't damage it. I thought you could attack monuments outside JH... what am I missing? Does demolition skill have to be higher? Do I need to use charges or trebuchets?
Thanks

TheZar

Re: How to attack enemy bases ( WITHOUT judgement hour)

Post by TheZar » 10 Mar 2016, 09:57

You can't damage buildings outside Judgement hour

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Mar 2016, 10:21

you cannot do anything inside an ennemy claim... you only can loot their corpse when you kill them in it...

pvp server without jh = no pvp; pve server :Bravo:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 10 Mar 2016, 20:31

That's so lame - I thought this game was supposed to be PvP heavy. So I guess I'll be looking for a permanent judgment hour server then.
Thank you

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Mar 2016, 20:51

a permanent jh isn't a solution ;) and you might not find one easily with people....

you'll learn people are afraid of pvp on a game with only pvp system, no pve.... :beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 11 Mar 2016, 00:24

Yes I was shocked to learn that people play this to pve.... I cannot comprehend why. I think that a permanent JH server would be a solution.. Or at least one where it's mostly JH and has a safe day or two. The problem would appear to be, finding people who actually want to PvP in this PvP game...

Erza
Beta Tester

Post by Erza » 11 Mar 2016, 07:07

try a server with Basil Mod you can take peoples stuff on their claim out of JH. Not many servers have that but i remember Kingdom of Arkaya has and its decently populated.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 11 Mar 2016, 15:35

Some_Jerk wrote:... finding people who actually want to PvP in this PvP game...

It´s not a strict PvP-Game. If you wanna fight without crafting at least your weapons, you should play ArmA or something like that.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 11 Mar 2016, 16:53

Erza wrote:try a server with Basil Mod you can take peoples stuff on their claim out of JH. Not many servers have that but i remember Kingdom of Arkaya has and its decently populated.

The ability to interact and take stuff off claim on Arkhaya predates any basilmod by a long time. All Basilmod does it make it easier for the changes to be synced between server and client. ( The patch that introduced JH was the one that allowed it finally, see: https://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/d ... 532554534/ ).

Now to OPs original question: There was a short time when the melee Siege damage allowed damage to buildings at all times while the ranged only worked during JH. This was fixed within a patch or two as far as I recall.

-Alakar
http://arkhaya.com/

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 12 Mar 2016, 19:44

You know what a permanent JH is called? Stone age over night.
Buildings won't be done because it would just be a waste of resources.

On the other hand, just because a server doesn't have a JH, doesn't mean it has no PVP.

At least some RP servers handle it that way. Wonderful interactions, with PvP between people where it occurs, and battles for cities without time restrictions or forced times.
German RP Server

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 17 Mar 2016, 12:40

Frankly the notion that no JH = no PVP is not correct. I run two servers and one does not have JH because most of the player base are terrified that they break things they spent eons to build.

Despite that I was overviewing the deathlog for this week and it is quite bloody... 43 deaths in 1 week. So PVP exists even without JH, it is just harder and requires you to ambush people or find failures in their structures.

With the fact that you loose points of skills if killed I think one would think twice to play in a server with a permanent JH.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 17 Mar 2016, 13:08

I'd assume you have more than 43 players that play on your server in total.

If so, only getting killed less than once per week on average is probably quite the dull life. :pardon:

LiF needs more than just building walls and feeding horses! :Yahoo!:

Return to General Discussion