Localized banking = BAD IDEA

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Demonic

Re: Localized banking = BAD IDEA

Post by Demonic » 01 Feb 2014, 20:47

Well, the Devs made clear that trade will be localized and they want players to make trade caravans. Logicaly, that means banking will be localized too, in fact I thing I remember dev (Bobik? Maybe) saying there will be no banks, unless players create them by themself. So I guess we can safely assume there will be no global banks in this game.

And thus, this topic is no longer needed.

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 11 Feb 2014, 10:05

I like the idea of local storage. If on own claim, store on plot. Join a guild and everyone has to protect it.

Want to open trade, guard the caravan. Sounds awesome plan to me.

Prion
Alpha Tester

Post by Prion » 12 Feb 2014, 00:43

I realize this thread is quite long and this has probably been said but I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents:
The reasons in the OP that localized banking would be BAD I think are what will make this game good. Much more realistic that if you want to extend some kind of offensive force somewhere (inlcuding just you individually) it should be difficult to keep adequate supplies with you, and the further you go, the harder to do so, leading to emergent things like searching for farms to raid for food etc.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 12 Feb 2014, 23:58

Localized banking is a GREAT IDEA. It helps solidify guild holdings of areas. If a new guild moves into a new area they have to either cart materials in with them or harvest them there. The old guild will already have a lot of stuff banked and will be able to put up a longer fight.

I think localized banking is realistic and adds for a whole slew of fun emergent gameplay events such as caravan robbing.

I've attacked people and been attacked during the transporting of goods to new localized banks on Mortal Online. It's great fun when your heart is pounding cause you're traveling with a high-priced item praying you don't run into anyone. Or when you see someone running with a pack horse with bags behind them.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas