Offline Plant growth

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Reese
Alpha Tester

Offline Plant growth

Post by Reese » 03 Apr 2016, 00:21

Heyo,

I have asked in a few different people lately and I'm getting different answers.

I was under the impression, and some have stated that when playing a local game/single player game, that when you started back up it would calculate how much time has passed and update crop and tree growth.

Others say it doesnt. That you much be playing continuously for crops to grow.

I planted crops 3 hours ago with the plant growth on the fastest setting and shut down game. Started game back up Still nothing has grown.

Game calendar shows 6 days have passed in game... so I would assume since its tracking day passage it would also update plant growth.

Thought maybe weather or it being November may have an effect on it.

Can I get a definitive answer? Thx.

Reese
Alpha Tester

Re: Offline Plant growth

Post by Reese » 03 Apr 2016, 16:52

I guess the answer is NO.

Would be nice to have this at least be an option in solo games. I wanted to build a town by myself but can't play for long periods of time. Would be nice to set a solo game to real time and harvest plants every weekend and randomly build/hunt through the week.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 03 Apr 2016, 18:25

There are gm commands you can look up that allow you to force crop growth as if days had passed.

I know that's not quite as smooth as the game doing it for you, buthe at least that's an option.

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 03 Apr 2016, 19:24

Make a throw away character. Leave them logged in, and let them die from lack of food. It'll help.

Not a perfect solution, but until offline time passage is allowed for personal play it is a huge help for animals and plants.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 03 Apr 2016, 19:43

If you wanna have your own vegetables in single player mod, I think you have no choice to use /gm grow (you need to be in the crop)

If i remember well you cant have crops in single player mod.

Reese
Alpha Tester

Post by Reese » 04 Apr 2016, 02:10

Would be nice to hear from a DEV if this may be doable in the future. I know they dont want to take players away from the MMO, which this would certainly do... but I know it would make many people happy.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Apr 2016, 11:33

Hey folks. We will consider implementing offline crops growth.
Just make sure to post that suggestion on our suggestion page. ;)

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 04 Apr 2016, 23:01

Made a post on the suggestions page for you. Please search offline if anyone interested has trouble finding it.

Reese
Alpha Tester

Post by Reese » 04 Apr 2016, 23:27

Thanks.

Return to General Discussion