Hello

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

SNS

Hello

Post by SNS » 12 Feb 2014, 11:09

Hello all :D

This concept looks awesome and I can't wait for it to be greenlight .;P. But i do have some questions/ideas regarding the game. To note I have not played the alpha yet (but look forward too) and i am going of videos/screen shots and the FAQ/info pages.

1.) I was reading about cooking when i noticed that 100 quality fish when cooked (fried) goes DOWN to 20 quality? Unless i missed something it would seem that processing food (smoking/frying/baking) would increase the value of it?

2.) With the free form building how would underground buildings go (I'm not sure how buildings are 'registered', what would count as a building)? Will the decay be realistic (Including if it is possible underground building)? Do the parts snap to grids/blocks? Also there is another game in alpha that I have been following closely (actually pretty fun atm ;P) that has a very cool free form building system (limited to planks and wood sheets atm): http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

3.) How will materials/resources/items be stored? Can we make storerooms where we can dump items (not just use chests or crates)? Will items have a weight value and is the backpacks/storage grid based?

4.) Item degradation? Is it in the game and is it realistic?

5.) With all the info on your website it would be nice to have one page where we can expand sections to read in order because having several tabs open can be annoying ;).

I think that's it for now, any clarification welcome and can't wait for green light guys, good luck :Bravo:

Edit: While emoticons are cool having them auto replace normal text can be annoying but thats jut my opinion (although the colon emoticon is very annoying ;P)

PrimusPalus
Alpha Tester

Re: Hello

Post by PrimusPalus » 13 Feb 2014, 08:47

To answer #2... there are only certain things that can be built underground. If you watch the playthrough dev run on YouTube, he explains some of them. TDL is horrendous by the way. ;) Been testing it since day one.

As for #5, there are a number of FAQ's you can look at that are relatively easy to read through. I spent a good half hour or more running through the whole thing.
Captain J. Shields
Commanding Officer
24th Marine Expeditionary Unit

SNS

Re: Hello

Post by SNS » 13 Feb 2014, 13:28

Ahh yes, a while there are a good number of faq's which contain good information its just that they are spread out a lot and to get to them all you have to follow the 'breadcrumb' trail through the all to find it. A unified home page for all the game info (containing all the links would be nice ;) as some people have limited bandwidth and prefer to play then to watch half hour odd long videos :D . Im ignoring the comment about TDL, I love it and you have to remember that it is in very early alpha and only has a team of a few dudes.

And 'ello captain :D (actually found out about this through you).

Edit: Email notifications are NOT working for atm.
"Even if you have nothing to hide you have something to fear"

Return to Newcomer Section