Love it

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Love it

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 08 Apr 2016, 23:05

Love it love it love it, I do have a little critique though... Formations I feel like their new placement means you limit their use to pike/spear man. a lot of other people especially archers and 2h weapons have them out of reach now.

Everything else looks really good right now with my hour long glance just a few little bugs so far but nothing to bad and it is a beta build.

Thanks guys great work! Grab a couple of beers I know your probably been working hard on this one :beer:

Still haven't tried the tabards yet will get those out shortly....

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Re: Love it

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 08 Apr 2016, 23:29

Would also like to ask, Lancing seems to have gotten worked on and made it easier to hit but now it does little damage is damage still getting adjusted.

My 1 handed ax did more to someone in scale then my lance did I am not sure that should be how it works.

JokeQ
Beta Tester

Post by JokeQ » 09 Apr 2016, 00:21

I would even say that 1h makes more damage then a 2h weapons now

Wllstrt75
Zealous Believer

Post by Wllstrt75 » 09 Apr 2016, 19:11

With blocking working and parry working players will have to carefully test out damge vs defense so that a proper balance can be had between the two. Higher damage rates for 1 handed weapons were acdeptable in the past due to quirky and inconsistent blocking but the variable is how effective parry is now. Maybe they wont need to rebalance if parry, especially if a skilled player can use efficiently, helps offset blocking working.

Props to devs for taking the 30 seconds to add a note about the MMO beta delay into the patch notes.

Heraldy is big moving forward especially for larger scale battles now archers ahould be able to discern friend from foe from range, hopefully. Plus, the obvious, melee and cav can more easily pick targets.

Scale has a higer pierce resistance so lances doing less damage vs a slash from an axe makes sense based on the current set up.

If your argument is that a lance hit from a horse, in reality, would be much more devastating based on speed and momentum, thats a much different argument and damage calc. But per your statement u are just caomparing damage done per weapon against scale...FYI.

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 10 Apr 2016, 06:33

With the lance I was doing about 50 damage full speed to people in full plate on average, which is more than enough. With some special techniques I was able to get it to 70-80. I'd say its just fine. My pollaxe on the other hand seems to do less damage and quite a few 2 handers seem to be slower. Need to look into this more to see what has changed. Bodkins are doing 20-30 to full plate, and IMO that value should be halved again, but whatever. Naked hit and run is still a viable play style, and as such archers are still OP, but the lancing changes do help. The pike changes were great and hopefully more people start using them as well. Coward still makes people in combat stance stumble, don't know if thats how they want it. Shield and parrying buff sound great, but I haven't tested them out much yet.
Hopefully poisons were nerfed, but I doubt it.

Tabards are super great though. Keep up the good work. :good:

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 11 Apr 2016, 21:58

Akershner wrote:With the lance I was doing about 50 damage full speed to people in full plate on average, which is more than enough. With some special techniques I was able to get it to 70-80.

What horse were you using? I was using a heavy warhorse and couldn't get the speed multiplier past 7 unless I caught them running at me then the damage jumped significantly.

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 11 Apr 2016, 22:45

Lord_Sitruc wrote:
Akershner wrote:With the lance I was doing about 50 damage full speed to people in full plate on average, which is more than enough. With some special techniques I was able to get it to 70-80.

What horse were you using? I was using a heavy warhorse and couldn't get the speed multiplier past 7 unless I caught them running at me then the damage jumped significantly.
Default warhorse, I find the balance of speed, stamina and health it has is ideal. Heavy, hardy and royals are too slow to be of use for lancing, and spirited stams out too fast for my liking.

As far as skills, stats and quality goes, skills and quality of everything was 100 and stats were set to an ideal mmo pvp build.

Oh, and the regular warhorse doesn't seem to have its speed hindered when you pull it out wearing full armor, unlike the spirited. That being said, the whole hide and heal technique should be fixed sometime soon.

Return to General Discussion