server wipe

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Audax91
Beta Tester

server wipe

Post by Audax91 » 10 Apr 2016, 13:59

Hi,
I'd like to know if with the release of the new patch (1.1.0.1)
there will be a server wipe?

sorry for bad English :sorry:

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: server wipe

Post by Khan- » 10 Apr 2016, 14:51

as always, no server wipe is required, only your server admin can tell you...

but maybe something could go wrong with the totally new skilltree... we'll see
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 17 Apr 2016, 20:23

I have a dedicated box and I have been working a lot so I didnt run the patch from the 8th that fixed a lot of the bugs like invisible trees etc. So today I was finding I was running into large patches of invisible trees and decided to run the update.

so I made a backup of my server and I exported my Lif_1 database to an sql file . I have found in the past that if I run the LIF_update,cmd file without doing this that it will break my connection to maria db which is easy enough to fix by just remaking the maria connection and re running the lif_1 db query.

so after I made all my backups and exported my db I updated steam using the steam cmd file I have and of course you have to restart the server then log out of the remote desktop and update your own steam client to be able to connect without a crc error.

Today however something different happened and I couldnt get my server to come online,

so I ran Lif_Update.cmd and remade all my connections then imported my backup copy of the db and my world started but was wiped......so I deleted the db out of heidi and made the connections again ran another query with the old sql file and again my server wouldnt start unless I ran the Lif_update.cmd file and the minute I did my world was gone characters and all is anyone else having this issue?

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 17 Apr 2016, 20:29

I never had to reconnect to maria before the december 29th patch all i had to do was run the steam cmd and the life update and restart my server but maria has been breaking ever since that hotfix back in december everytime I try and patch the game. Its almost as if my game isnt updating but that a whole new game is being installed. Could that be the case? do I need to make a whole new lif update cmd batch file?

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 18 Apr 2016, 11:59

Hi,

I am wondering how compatible is lif pre version 1.0.6.3 compared to 1.1.0.1. If there are any table changes which I assume there would be due to the new skill system and heraldry, then I do not think it is a simple fact of re-importing your 1.0.6.3 sql dump over 1.1.0.1.

I will run a few tests as well, importing my current 1.0.6.3 over a 1.1.0.1 and will let you know.

Airco

Post by Airco » 18 Apr 2016, 16:39

patched my server, testing it atm
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to General Discussion