Wild Animals & Walls

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Blackdrakon

Wild Animals & Walls

Post by Blackdrakon » 12 Apr 2016, 07:44

Has anyone ever asked why wild animals are able to run through settlement walls? If so, I'd love to know the answer. If there isn't one, has anyone figured out a way of stopping them?

Also, when you spawn an animal in as a GM and then go into camera mode, why do the spawned animals disappear, but then reappear after camera mode is disabled? The same thing occurs when an animal you didn't spawn attacks you as a GM and you hit the camera mode; the animal will simply vanish, but reappear after you exit camera mode.

Mahtafa
True Believer

Re: Wild Animals & Walls

Post by Mahtafa » 12 Apr 2016, 08:22

The problem with the walls and the animals have been causing trouble ever since the launch of the game, we can only hope someone notices us and fixes it :cry:

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 12 Apr 2016, 08:27

There have been a number of bug reports about animals not following the normal path mapping (able to go through trees, walls, buildings, etc.) If you want to contribute to that, feel free to look up the bug reports on the Mantis tracker.

I would expect that the devs know about this issue by now, and that they are looking at fixes. Animals need a fair bit of work, to be honest, so they don't do this or suicide in water. They also need stamina implemented so they eventually get tired, and maybe some other improvements. All of that is in the feedback and bug reports... so it has likely been seen and noted.

Airco

Post by Airco » 12 Apr 2016, 09:30

i agree whit jairone,
i think dev is more focused on the other stuf and that the "pve" part is not the main intrest
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 13 Apr 2016, 02:56

Thank you for your responses. Hopefully the developers address this at some point sooner than later.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 20 Apr 2016, 20:26

After a hint from another Player we tried it with double stone-walls ... and it looks like this is working (it´s not more than an undercooked workaround atm). At least the boars and wolfes don´t come through - but they still glitch into the wall, follows you inside and break through when you´re on a piece with stairs.

Btw.: We need a piece of stone-wall without any battlements (used for the Corners, for diagonal walls and perhaps some other costructions)

Return to General Discussion