Need help about the wiki

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Shahab

Need help about the wiki

Post by Shahab » 24 Apr 2016, 22:25

Hello. I am actually working on translating the wiki in french, but Im encountering some issues and I would like someone who knows about the wiki and LIF to help me, please.

My first problem is to put interlanguage links :

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Hardwood_board

here, when you click on "francais" to switch to the french version, it doesnt go to the right page
What did I do wrong ?

Thanks for the help

Dariounet / Fab / Shahab
* Co-admin du wiki français (on recrute des traducteurs, correcteurs et aides en tout genre !)
* DaRiAL (pseudo steam)
* Dariounet (pseudo wiki)

Darius
Beta Tester

Re: Need help about the wiki

Post by Darius » 24 Apr 2016, 22:56

Clicking on the French language brings you to: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Planc ... ois_dur/fr
So it does bring you to the French page, it just hasn't been filled in yet.

But yeah if you look at the links of everyone language, you'll see that each has its own language code.
German: lifeisfeudal-de.gamepedia.com
Polish: lifeisfeudal-pl.gamepedia.com
Russian: lifeisfeudal-ru.gamepedia.com

However the French language doesn't:
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Accueil
So the French pages are using the base English wiki, with just custom page names.

Shahab

Post by Shahab » 24 Apr 2016, 23:54

So I have to put everything like it should ? gonna be a long week ...

Could someone help providing the page creation and links, and then ill just fill it ? its getting complicated for me (and for the french community, without a wiki)
* Co-admin du wiki français (on recrute des traducteurs, correcteurs et aides en tout genre !)
* DaRiAL (pseudo steam)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Apr 2016, 01:16

First of all, if you want to have separate, french wiki page, you should start by contacting Game widow and reading some of this discussion which may help you with the process of translating the wiki, using the templates etc.

Shahab

Post by Shahab » 25 Apr 2016, 08:58

Arrakis09 wrote:First of all, if you want to have separate, french wiki page, you should start by contacting Game widow and reading some of this discussion which may help you with the process of translating the wiki, using the templates etc.

Thank you very much, this will be a great help !
* DaRiAL (pseudo steam)

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 25 Apr 2016, 09:16

hmmm nice, that was what I missed and what bored me x)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Shahab

Post by Shahab » 26 Apr 2016, 23:35

Arrakis09 wrote:First of all, if you want to have separate, french wiki page, you should start by contacting Game widow and reading some of this discussion which may help you with the process of translating the wiki, using the templates etc.

Widow set up everything we need. Thanks to you again for pointing me in the right direction this is a great step for the french community. You'll see more of us in the future. I know you're happy, dont fake !
* DaRiAL (pseudo steam)

Return to General Discussion