Take this job and...?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Curlycupgumweed

Take this job and...?

Post by Curlycupgumweed » 13 Feb 2014, 22:28

I have enjoyed Wurm for years; however, the greatest excitement is when I am exploring, developing, and building. Later, when reaping the benefits of my labor which results in daily maintenance, I grow bored. Locked into a daily job. Frustrated with monotony, I quit for a few months always dreading to return to the decay of my deed. My question: How could an owner in "Life is Feudal" continue to be productive at his deed without his presence while he explored, hunted, and assisted friends? At mastery levels, could an npc apprentice maintain the property? What boundaries would have to be implemented in such a system? Is this an impossible dream? Any ideas?

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Re: Take this job and...?

Post by Telakh » 14 Feb 2014, 05:11

The only answer to this is to restrain your greed.

If a player wants to own a big castle, a few kilometers of mineshafts and an orchard all on his own, with no upkeep required, then skyrim is good for him.

You should gather or join a community that will help you to upkeep your property or make a smaller personal clam with less buildings on it that will require less dailywork from you.

While you hunt/explore/sleep/drive/study/work your friends should work ingame, if you are good enough to find such a good friends.

Life is Feudal :twisted: and there is no place for hermits.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 15 Feb 2014, 10:46

No NPCs.

The difference is all goods will be useful in some way, and crafting is only a half of the gameplay. There is logic in mainting and producing, but also in doing other stuff.

Telakh wrote:Life is Feudal :twisted: and there is no place for hermits.

Actually, I think hermit is going to be a very viable playstyle. Although, prolly not for everyone, as it would differ entirely from just having one extra friend.

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 15 Feb 2014, 10:50

30 combat skills 30 crafting skills with 600 or so points give or take means 6 people could master every skill available. Which to me seems like the ideal "group" or "team" size. Anymore certainly wouldn't hurt but to cover all skills available you would need a minimum of 6 players. (could prolly make due with 5)
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 15 Feb 2014, 11:35

WIKI wrote:In Life is Feudal, the current Skill Cap is separated into two parts:
590 + Int for Crafting skills
590 + Int for Combat skills

Yep 6 people will be allowed to master all skills available (~71 skills is the limit).
QUAERO TOTUS

Return to Feedback Section