Carpentry Skill Line

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

AfLIcTeD

Carpentry Skill Line

Post by AfLIcTeD » 30 Apr 2016, 23:14

Out of all the new skills in the new skill trees, this is the only line that doesn't make sense to me.
As it is you don't really need a dedicated carpenter, because anyone who has the Artisan skill can chop down trees and you can saw logs with 0 carpentry without quality loss. The only reason for a carpenter is for the things they can make, which won't be that much really. They can't even replant trees once they have cut them down because forestry is in the farming tree. The carpenter really needs to be in control of the trees, what to cut down and what to replant. Thats a foresters job.
Currently the carpenter has to wait for the farmer to finish or stop what he is doing so he can collect any sprouts from the trees before they can be cut down. Then once they are cut down the farmer will have to replant the trees after probably spending 3 or more hours planting crops.

What I suggest is moving forestry to the carpentry line so it will be: Artisan->Forestry->Capentry->Bowcraft or Warfare Engineering. This way not everyone can be a carpenter without investing in it and they can also choose between bowcraft or warfare engineering, instead of needing to learn bowcraft before engineering(which makes no sense).

Airco

Re: Carpentry Skill Line

Post by Airco » 01 May 2016, 05:45

i do agree that forestry should be part of carpentry
i would go for artisan-> carpentry -> forestry and bowcraft -> warfare engineering

bowcraft before warfare makes sense as in warfare the tensions on the wood and the mechanics are more advanced than whit the bow's

that asside i do follow dev a bit whit these choiche on this line's aswel , like u sayd -> replant. Thats a foresters job.
not a carpenter's job .

carpenter not needed?? door module, gate module, window module, shields, practice weapons, mallet and little board's (all these just from the toolkit)
the skil itself had all chests, benches, tables, alchemist table ect
u wont be able to make a basic house whitouwth carpenter's and if u plan on defending your base , hope u got someone able to make bow and arrows eals your not gone do much on top of your wall's in armor whit swords ect.
plan on wipeing out your naibers becouse they are robbin your cornfield? g luck whit no siege weapons in the futur (currently siege has to be expanded, all in good time)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

AfLIcTeD

Post by AfLIcTeD » 01 May 2016, 16:04

I didn't say you wouldn't need a carpenter, I said you wouldn't need a dedicated one. Your not going to need that many door modules, practices weapons etc, so compared to the other professions carpenters have it the easiest, since they are not NEEDED to cut down and saw the wood, which is a huge part of a carpenters job.

The main point really is to take the extra work off the farmers and give to to the carpenters. They are going to be at the trees anyway they may aswell collect the sprouts and replant them while they are there.

Allicus
True Believer

Post by Allicus » 01 May 2016, 20:32

I totally agree with this. Before the patch I was a carpenter and a forester and as other have I controlled the trees that were cut down and the quality. This has now been put into the hands of the farmers who have a ton of other things to do than worry about trees, so this change doesn't make much sense.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 02 May 2016, 00:25

Well the logic behind this is a bit silly if u ask me its like "planting trees...planting...farming is planting...fine put it in there" :D But yeah people should realise how flexible this game can be so if over time people make proper suggestions that something like this doesnt fit it might be changed, and I mean proper discussions and suggestions not rage and rant :crazy:

Return to General Discussion