LIF development team / location etc

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Helders
Alpha Tester

LIF development team / location etc

Post by Helders » 02 Jan 2014, 10:27

Hallo all and well met!

Disclaimer:
I did search the boards and could not find what i was looking for, but if i missed something then please forgive me!

I had some (semi) random questions about LIF and maybe you can help me out, in no particular order they are:

1.) Is the development team of LIF based of volunteers or are they a paid staff?
If paid... is there some kind of company behind this game that is paying there salaries?

2.) Is there some sort of major milestone schedule for the development of the game?

3.) I saw some post on a vote for a US server, but what will be the location of the 'main' server/current Alpha server?
(Answered: I see this is answerd in a FAQ, that there may be some plans to start out in Germany)

Im really looking forward seeing this game to maturity, it mixes the best of:
- UO (free house placing, full loot pvp)
- Wurm (free terraforming, building)
- Mount and Blade (brutal medieval warfare, in your face pvp)

Keep up the great work!

Sting5

Re: LIF development team / location etc

Post by Sting5 » 20 Feb 2014, 08:24

It's rather an old post, but I would also like to see game development schedule. Is it available? Because I couldn't find it anywhere...
QUAERO TOTUS

Bobik
Project Leader

Re: LIF development team / location etc

Post by Bobik » 20 Feb 2014, 09:07

We plan to make a visible schedule with milestones and features. But we need to survive few weeks of closed alpha, before we can bring any semi accurate plans to live.

As about OP's questions:
1. We had started as volunteers but for last 2+ years we're working fultime with a help of some local investors here in Russia. they're no where close to the gaming industry, otherwise we would be making yet another theme-park coockie-cutter MMORPG ;)

2. Answered above.

Return to General Discussion