(Feedback) Optimization and in game currency

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Sloppydoctor
Beta Tester

(Feedback) Optimization and in game currency

Post by Sloppydoctor » 26 Dec 2016, 22:32

LIF since it's inception many years ago has been a blast for me and my friends. It has brought memories of joy to those i share with and myself during the alpha and the current beta. BUT, it has always had problem's with Optimization and loading error's. I know LIF:MMO is still in beta but LIF:YO is still having the same problems that are being incorporated in the MMO i.e. Frozen login screens, Video optimization crashes, rendering problems, PvE AI interaction bug's. These are a few thing's as a player that make the game unpleasant for me and other I play with. I really feel that making the game more optimized for all user's is important at it's current state since the game is getting closer and closer to launch. I would hate to see all the hard work on this great game go to waste because Engineering couldn't figure out why certain code couldn't be flexible for all players.

Second, I see that in game currency will be applied to the game when launched. I strongly suggest removing this feature as it take's away from the general user experience. In game currency has been a scourge on the gaming world since it came up back in the early 2000's. It would cripple your game and it's popularity by large number's and would come off as another cash grab to most hardcore gamer's. I for one will not play LIF:MMO if a in game Currency system is implemented. That said I hope your team know's their work doesn't go unnoticed and that I (and I am sure many others) greatly enjoy and appreciate the dedication and content created from this team!

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Re: (Feedback) Optimization and in game currency

Post by Demiwar » 05 Jan 2017, 04:36

Sloppydoctor wrote:I for one will not play LIF:MMO if a in game Currency system is implemented.

Ultimatums rarely get the desired results in a forum post. Also, currency doesn't equal WoW. Interesting enough, currency in games usually finds a way to create itself in a game when the developers don't do it for you. I remember back in the Haven and Hearth days, bricks were the trade good of choice. Everyone always needed them, you could stack large values in one inventor slot, the creation of them was easily accessible and their production took a pretty standard amount of labor. Next thing you know, voila, everyone is trading chests full of bricks! Wurm is another great example of a good, working currency system. Currency equals maintenance for your land plot. It can be bought through the in-game store, or worked for by trading goods to NPC traders and players.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: (Feedback) Optimization and in game currency

Post by Wookiee420 » 05 Jan 2017, 08:51

i am in a argumentative mood and mean absolutely nothing personal by this just making a comment. Warning them that you wont play isn't a huge threat, you already paid.

That said, I dont see currency as a problem, there will be stuff like land ownership, or stuff in town or cosmetics you buy. If its not for you its not for you but you gotta remember, they need to pay bills too, and a majority of us already have the game.

Return to Feedback Section