Item Shop?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Agathon

Item Shop?

Post by Agathon » 05 Mar 2014, 23:15

Greetings Folks,

I am currently watching the hour and a half long video relating to the game, and Bobik showing all these things about the game and answering questions. I heard that you are able to purchase items from the shop.

Is this game going to be pay to win pretty much...? Being able to purchase the best armor and what not?
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Antiblitz

Re: Item Shop?

Post by Antiblitz » 05 Mar 2014, 23:57

wouldnt that defeat the point of life being feudal? Honestly what do you think......

If you havent concluded no yet, well then ill tell you no. Though nothing concrete has been stated about the item shop, as far as we know it will be along the same lines as any other mmo nowadays. Simply providing vanity items and character defining items and clothing.
Last edited by Antiblitz on 06 Mar 2014, 00:07, edited 2 times in total.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Mar 2014, 00:02

Life is Feudal won't be in any way Pay to Win game. Planned item shop will only contain cosmetic improvements.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 06 Mar 2014, 02:04

Just thought I would ask, since he mentioned that you will be able to purchase armor within the shop.

Good to hear it is only cosmetic, don't like when you can pay to win.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 06 Mar 2014, 07:08

Agathon wrote:Just thought I would ask, since he mentioned that you will be able to purchase armor within the shop.

Good to hear it is only cosmetic, don't like when you can pay to win.

You will be able to purchase a kit, that will turn one piece of your "normal" armor into a piece of "decorated" armor leaving its stats intact though.

We will avoid pay 2 win with all ways it is possible and so far it seems we should succeed 8-)

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 06 Mar 2014, 08:08

Assuming I just spent 20 bucks in the shop and upgraded my gear - will cash shop stuff/gear/whatever be affected by full loot as well?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 06 Mar 2014, 09:41

Fawkes wrote:Assuming I just spent 20 bucks in the shop and upgraded my gear - will cash shop stuff/gear/whatever be affected by full loot as well?

Yes. But looter will get a simple item instead of "upgraded" one.
It is rough topic and we will see how people will react anyway. Because upgrading your item and making it "no drop" can be considered even more of p2w. I think we will just make a minor prices on these vanity "upgrades".

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 06 Mar 2014, 09:45

May I ask about your attitude to the UO insurance system, where insured items were marked as no-drop until next death and attacker would receive 60% of insurance summ instead on insured items.
So you waste your money to keep your stuff safe and attaker will get decent profit anyway. In addition 40% of insurace value would sink out of the game.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 06 Mar 2014, 09:53

My only hope is that there won't be any immersion-breaking items, like chainmail bikinis, shades, leotards or ballet tutus!

Fawkes
Alpha Tester

Post by Fawkes » 06 Mar 2014, 10:03

Bobik wrote:
Fawkes wrote:Assuming I just spent 20 bucks in the shop and upgraded my gear - will cash shop stuff/gear/whatever be affected by full loot as well?

It is rough topic and we will see how people will react anyway. Because upgrading your time and making it "no drop" can be considered even more of p2w. I think we will just make a minor prices on these vanity "upgrades".

I understand your idea. May I propose another idea? Make the cash shop item itself undroppable, but only visual. Aka: "Godly Helmet" is a skin for a royal helmet. It is bound to player X, who purchased it and he doesn't lose it, even if he dies. BUT he can lose the royal helmet the skin was bound to.

So you have two separate items, the one you spent your real money on and that is safe, and the actual ingame item that provides the stats, which can be looted. This way balance is kept and people who'd like to look a bit cooler don't get frustrated when they just lost another 20€ because every single highwayman tries to kill them just because of "LOOKS GOOD MUST HAVE".

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 06 Mar 2014, 15:37

Fawkes wrote:
Bobik wrote:

It is rough topic and we will see how people will react anyway. Because upgrading your time and making it "no drop" can be considered even more of p2w. I think we will just make a minor prices on these vanity "upgrades".

I understand your idea. May I propose another idea? Make the cash shop item itself undroppable, but only visual. Aka: "Godly Helmet" is a skin for a royal helmet. It is bound to player X, who purchased it and he doesn't lose it, even if he dies. BUT he can lose the royal helmet the skin was bound to.

So you have two separate items, the one you spent your real money on and that is safe, and the actual ingame item that provides the stats, which can be looted. This way balance is kept and people who'd like to look a bit cooler don't get frustrated when they just lost another 20€ because every single highwayman tries to kill them just because of "LOOKS GOOD MUST HAVE".

I like this idea. It is like Ever Quest 2, you have two levels of character appearence. You have your equipted items.. Which is the one with all the stats, then you have another window where you put your appearence items. I think doing something like this would be greatly beneficial, as you can have your appearence different than the armor you are actually wearing, and those appearence items would have no actual weight on you and have no stats, etc. Just serve a look purpose.. and could not be dropped.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 07 Mar 2014, 07:20

It is basically the same idea as we have now in plans. To be able for killer to get his loot, but still for victim to save his vanity item for further usage.

Duplicating items is a very dangerous way because it is easy to leave a bug there that will make duping possible. And that is not actually very easy in our current inventory system.

Anyway, we're talking about the same things I believe.

Deadelven
Alpha Tester

Post by Deadelven » 07 Mar 2014, 07:46

I agree with fawkes idea but also.

what is so bad about chainmail bikinis?
a legion of hunky men in chainmail bikini's would win any war by default.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 07 Mar 2014, 21:16

Bobik wrote:It is basically the same idea as we have now in plans. To be able for killer to get his loot, but still for victim to save his vanity item for further usage.

I would vote for this:

If a player buys "Chest armor decoration kit" from the website for $10 then he can always apply that to at least one (1) active piece of chest armor.

if it gets looted (looter just gets regular piece), then he is now free to apply it to a different piece.

Done :D

[edit] maybe he has to have it applied ingame by an armorsmith of appropriate skill to continue interdependence in game, or not ... just a thought

Return to General Discussion