Is there discussion/webpage about the safe area around City?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Is there discussion/webpage about the safe area around City?

Post by Archaegeo » 09 Mar 2014, 14:40

I know that if we want to have a safe solo homestead, we can rent an area around the city.

Is this discussed anywhere yet (links please).

I am curious about how it will work, and what you will be able to do in your rented area? (i.e. can I terraform or is it just a prebuilt house outside the city walls?)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Is there discussion/webpage about the safe area around C

Post by Siegbert » 09 Mar 2014, 14:57

I think you can do everything everywhere basically, unless it's a protected area of other players.

So you would be able to build or dig all you want. It's just not safe.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 09 Mar 2014, 15:02

No, the area around the city is safe, from realm takeover, which is why I was asking if we will be allowed to terrform in these rented lands.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 09 Mar 2014, 15:03

There is no mechanics in stone about area around starting city. We only plan it to be able to rent and it will be always in possession of a NPC Governor's guild (the one who had built that NPC city). So these lands can not be overtaken by players, so personal claims on these lands will be safe from any types of damage or raiding. But ofc that will demand some real $$ fee as a rent.

As about terraforming, I think we will prohibit it and allow it only on your personal claim. As soon as your terraforming will try to shape a game cell not on your claim - you will be prevented from doing that action.

We will get to that topic sometime later, when we will be close to that functionality. Right now it is too far.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 09 Mar 2014, 15:27

Good to hear we can terraform on our claim at least.

And I don't mine the rent for real $ to have a place that cant be realmed over.

Another question to answer will be if someones rent expires and their claim falls, does the land they terraformed revert or does it stay messed up (assuming they made big craters or whatever)

But I am looking forward to working with you on this system.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 09 Mar 2014, 17:39

It will certainly stayed as messed up. Life IS Feudal :D

Return to General Discussion