Make only one area with pvp and full loot

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Demonic

Re: Make only one area with pvp and full loot

Post by Demonic » 29 Jan 2014, 14:17

Glad to be of help

Altus

Post by Altus » 30 Jan 2014, 15:05

As long as the game will have a working alignment system that actually punishes random ganking (hard enough to deter), there will be no need for safe zones.

Tengil
Alpha Tester

Post by Tengil » 02 Feb 2014, 13:27

I did not read through the entire thread, but i wish to add one thing.

This full-loot concept in LiF have been tried and tested before and it works great. The risk factor makes the game much more enjoyable and the adrenaline rush in PVP can't be found anywhere else. Stepping out of ones "safe-loot" comfort zone is incredibly rewarding.

If people are afraid of losing stuff, they should seek people who can protect them. They must remember that this game if Feudal after all.

In feudal times, lords offered protection to the commoners in exchange for tax & goods. It was a symbiotic relationship.
Convert or Die.

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius » 03 Feb 2014, 15:52

And moreover you'll have to keep your guard up when you're out somewhere in the forest, and you'll not take important goods with you, just the necessary to survive :D

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 04 Feb 2014, 14:52

I will never agree to this one xD If you arent able to open a hole on someone head whenever you feel like it, the game itself lose it meaning. No more "life is feudal" xD

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 06 Feb 2014, 14:36

Kuroi wrote:nope

this

OP and long thread was tl;dr

Maurizio
Alpha Tester

Post by Maurizio » 08 Feb 2014, 06:08

Liamx4 wrote:Hi.
I was thinking abount one thing. Everyone know (well, should know) that actually full loot is a feature that is not working in MMOs, can work in little coop game shards, but not in MMO that need a lot of players to be called Massive (first M in MMO). Very few MMO players like full loot, more than this a lot of players like to play without problems of PvP everywhere, risking every moment character life and all the items.
Life is Feudal want to be a MMO, so need to have a lot of players, and this cannot be achieved with full pvp e full loot everywhere, in fact the indiegogo campaign is not collecting enough moneys because people are kept far from game because of these 2 features.
But hey, some players want pvp and full loot so I had an idea: just make only one single area (region) of the world with pvp and full loot enabled. In this region there should be great riches, best hunting grounds, best places for housing, the rarest resources and so on. So people who would like to compete with other players at the maximum will have to go in this region risking life and items. All other players (example: a crafter who is not interested in killing others and does not want to be killed) can stay in safe regions and enjoy the game without problems of pvp/full loot.
In this way a lot more players could be interested in Life is Feudal, because actually the majority of MMOs players are PvErs so if you create a great game for PvErs with a balanced and interesting area for PvPers (with full loot too) you can make a great game for both kind of players.

You are actually very wrong, there are 10's of thousands of players looking to that perfect Full loot pvp game, but have yet to find the right one that allows balance. What you are looking for is not a carebear area, you are just looking for some real balance to losing your stuff every 10 seconds. And that is easy.

Real balance is made when groups/clans have to work to keep their control over an area. Darkfall failed at this because 50 active man force could own half the maps cities and hamlets without really defending them all. Create real balance and dont make it easy for a elite group to own the whole map, make every group have to work to keep control of their area.

LIF already is taking the best aspects of many games, if that is done correctly LIF can be the BEST Game out there, i wont hold my breath though as ive been gaming since Ultima Online Beta and ive learned by now that to much is to good to be true. I do really hope LIF does try to make it to a point where not only is being a part of a village going to be important but your village having to be a part of a kingdom will be needed. Just like old real wars fought against the Irish. Allowing kingdoms to form from a bunch of local villages and giving the kingdom things to do to keep control of their territory... This would be the answer to the losing all your gear problem all the time. If you are not much of a PVPer you would stay closer to the safer parts of your kingdom, which would allow you to still go out and hunt and what not, but still be safe. The futher out you go then thats when possibly danger sets in.

He-man
Alpha Tester

Post by He-man » 08 Feb 2014, 12:11

again, never xD

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 13 Feb 2014, 00:10

:ROFL: Sorry, this made me ROFL. Not going to happen.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 Feb 2014, 00:40

As for two posts above, this is considered as spam that doesn't bring anything to the discussion. Please restrain yourselves from these kind of replies, constructive criticism is always welcome but this is not one.

Drakes821
Alpha Tester

Post by Drakes821 » 13 Feb 2014, 00:54

Altus wrote:As long as the game will have a working alignment system that actually punishes random ganking (hard enough to deter), there will be no need for safe zones.

Agreed.

Games have been successful with full loot. They just need to make sure there is a meaningful alignment system and things to fight over so the world doesn't turn into an open world PvP arena (like most recent FFA pvp games).

Watkins141

Post by Watkins141 » 13 Feb 2014, 23:13

-1 don't like it, don't play it.

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 14 Feb 2014, 00:02

the way it looks to me is that the alignment system will prevent most of the DMing
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 23 Feb 2014, 03:05

They did say something about instanced battles with no item or exp loss, but I think some people are looking for ways to get out of that into FFA combat area's with complete item loss without having to deal with the alignment system.

You could have area's called The Dark Lands or No Mans Land for that. I wouldn't mind if there were areas like that in game as it would give more players other options to fight and have some fun. As long as they do not block off normal travelling around the map.

Venciera
Alpha Tester

Post by Venciera » 23 Feb 2014, 03:13

While I'm opposed to sanctioned PVP, and PVE zones, I do understand the need to isolate large battles for the sake of server load, and stability.

Ulfas
Alpha Tester

Post by Ulfas » 23 Feb 2014, 10:02

there is a weight limit?

If i have a heavy penalty (in fight and movement) when i reach this limit...

would be another obstacle at wild looting... maybe i'd steal only a sword and coin and not an heavy armor or a hammer.

this would be real and right

however i think that player economy will fix this initial problems

This is my opinion.. :beer:

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Feb 2014, 10:26

Venciera wrote:While I'm opposed to sanctioned PVP, and PVE zones, I do understand the need to isolate large battles for the sake of server load, and stability.

Right. I love open field battles in which everybody could join in theoretically but what I love more is battles that actually work without lag... In Mount&Blade there are servers of up to 200 players but I'll shy away from them since you can't controll your actions anymore with 150+ players.

So, I'd say: do what you need to give us a decent combat experience.

Kdchan
Beta Tester

Post by Kdchan » 24 Feb 2014, 12:15

ABSOLUTELY NO.

Is a sandbox full loot open world, but there are penalties to pkers.

However if you want avoid pvp completely then LIF is not the game for you and you should play a themepark or sandpark where there is only consensual pvp or zone pvp.

LIF is not for everyone tastes, but for sandbox lovers and old UO players mainly.
Played:
Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Ultima Online
EvE
LiF: YO

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 24 Feb 2014, 16:20

Cimmerian Mercenary

Tozzi
Alpha Tester

Post by Tozzi » 26 Feb 2014, 02:42

Magical Immunity Boxes will kill any MMO.
That is a fact, and it has been proven. Look at WURM, Xsyon, RV, whatever.
There will always be a point where even as a crafter, you will have to ask yourself: "What am I doing this for???".

You want to craft and receive coin for your work?
Surround yourself with good PVPers, supply them, and have them protect you.

The worst that can happen to a game is when everyone is able to craft everything, and can protect it by placing a magic immunity box around it.
It has killed the economy of many games (mostly because the devs have listened and eventually given in to suggestions like this one).

I've seen exactly this sort of thing happen often enough by now and I homestly hope that the devs of LiF will manage to get the balance right, especially in that area.
Alignment, properly balanced, might do the trick.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 26 Feb 2014, 11:22

Yea what Tozzi said, out of the many MMO's that have been created you could count on 1 hand how many have or had a real economy. An actual economy drives a game so much further and every economy needs loss.

The features they have talked about for this game may seem harsh to some people but it is actually quite balanced. If you were to remove simple features like having to win battles to siege a keep with equal numbers then a massive zerg of players would annihilate everything people put time and effort into.

It's still possible that you could lose your claim but the way it's gone about is relatively fair compared to how harsh it could be.

In the end economics drives warfare and the end game will be fighting for everything you've crafted. Everything you've crafted; collected branches, made a hatchet, felled a tree, built a house, hunted for food, cooked, made a friend, built a pallisade, started a town, claimed a realm, mined for ore, forged weapons, joined an alliance, created a kingdom, made war to establish dominance in a region, capitalized on a resource, made piles of wealth....

Get the picture?

Aheeia
Alpha Tester

Post by Aheeia » 03 Mar 2014, 12:46

just a little idea on the side:

How about making two kinds of PvP
1. "deadly" with death and full loot
2. "duel" with random injury (non-lethal) and full money loot only. protects/supports newbies since they dont have much money yet...

chosen by the attacked (victim), or attacker or random...

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 03 Mar 2014, 12:59

Someone kill this thread.

PLEEEASE :fool:
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 04 Mar 2014, 13:02

Telakh wrote:Someone kill this thread.

I'm just waiting for it to leave the safezone...
Cimmerian Mercenary

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 04 Mar 2014, 13:10

Seppuku wrote:
Telakh wrote:Someone kill this thread.

I'm just waiting for it to leave the safezone...

lol!! :ROFL:

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 09 Mar 2014, 21:43

nope

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Mar 2014, 22:09

Alright, I believe that's quite enough of that useless spam.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas