Stuck/unstuck now that prayer are on CD

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Stuck/unstuck now that prayer are on CD

Post by Angelyne » 10 Apr 2017, 13:52

change from that last patch brought a problem.

That prayer was used as well as a "unstuck" fonction, since "/stuck" mostly fail to bring you to a safe location. In a game full of glitches, i assumed that a "unstuck" would work better, but it isn't so that prayer was a good way to help.

I'm ok for that timer, 10 minutes is ok (or maybe one a day for emergency logoff), and with the fail percentage, then make unstuck function more reliable maybe ?

Farther teleport ?
Location check ?
Even if this means stay rooted longer, at least you know that you are out and able to move sooner or later.

dont you think ?
Last edited by Angelyne on 11 Apr 2017, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: the prayer for homecoming ability

Post by Khan- » 10 Apr 2017, 14:11

the homecoming pray should completly be removed
the piety skill should be overhauled and not being a "must have" skill, and a player choosing this skill should be able to increase the alignement of people asking for like a priest etc.. ;)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Post by Angelyne » 10 Apr 2017, 14:27

I fully agree with that.
Still stuck/unstuck working is a problem

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 10 Apr 2017, 15:17

Did you even look for a thread that may have already existed? Its RIGHT BELOW THIS ONE (or it is as of this post). http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/travel-system-mmo-t22948/

As I (and others) have commented on previously. While removing the ability is a good idea in principle, the simple truth is that in a game there are many things that would have to change in concurrency with its removal.

More than just fixing the 'stuck' command, which in itself removes the entire purpose of building traps in the game as part of a base's defense.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Angelyne
Zealous Believer

Re: Stuck/unstuck now that prayer are on CD

Post by Angelyne » 11 Apr 2017, 12:38

your thread are centered on prayer, mine was intended to focus on unstuck ability.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Stuck/unstuck now that prayer are on CD

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Apr 2017, 20:56

True, but it quickly shifted to 'remove the recall ability'. It is also more complicated than just 'fixing' stuck/unstuck, as pointed out in the other thread (and here as well).

For the record, I agree with finding alternative ways of raising alignment. I also dislike the recall option as being the only way to raise the piety skill. Ideally piety (and religion) should be a tree all of its own. However, that would require some useful, non-magical skills be added.

I don't want a game with 'magic' in it. Yet I also don't have an answer for the numerous realities that having 'recall' resolves.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas