Well, "editor" shouldn't have been mentioned here yet. Sorry about that. This is a possible follow-up project but it's not gonna happen anytime soon, cause it'll be even more work than the custom maps. For now it's just something that can procedurally generate a map based on a grayscale heightmap image of terrain.Did I read right that you are making a custom map editor program? I'd love more info on that.
In most LiF servers the ore starts on the surface. It just seems to be buried a little deeper here.
Not sure what animal count is, but as we add people it appears to be fairly slim pickings for hunters.
There are many spots that have rock in them that could be soil just for making it easier to build in some places.
Have any screenshots you can share? Or position so I can take a look?Right now there are 2 points that have granite that cant be dug.
Have any screenshots you can share? Or position so I can take a look?Nyuton wrote:In most LiF servers the ore starts on the surface. It just seems to be buried a little deeper here.
Yeah it's how the mapgenerator is written. Ore "bubbles" are spawned under the rock, except for one cell. Basically, the generator picks random rock tiles, makes them become ore and spawns an ore bubble in the direction of the highest elevated neighbor tile - but always a few altitude units below the rock. If it's an issue it can be changed. Is it?Right now there are 2 points that have granite that cant be dug.
Kezica9 wrote:I know several, will leave a example of just one. And other explanation we we say that is couse i know on one spot where before wipe was silver, now is granit, thats completly fine till they are reachable somehow.
Nyuton wrote:Closed beta started today
First few map deployments were successfully done by a few server owners already without any help. So it appears that it's working as intended and installation can be performed with ease.
Alakar wrote:Nyuton wrote:Just can take many hours (~7) if latency is ~125ms between Database and Germany
Server Manager Troubleshooting
I can't add my server to Server Manager because TerraTool can't connect to my database. Why?
Make sure your database and your servers firewall allow remote connections. Try connecting from your home computer using an SQL client program to verify (such as HeidiSQL).
* Visual overhaul for page header and navigation.
* New experiemental feature:
- Original Map Patches category was added to Map Generator.
- Currently, early access available for Supporter/VIP accounts only. (Testing!)
* New feature:
- Random weather.xml generator is available at new category 'Tools & Scripts'
* Added: Server Manager will show map name in server list if database is connected.
- Note: This works with maps that have been created with TerraTool 1.0.1 or later.
* Added: Amount of clay pits and max. altitude can now be customized in map deployment options.
* Added: Tooltips with explainations for some map customization options.
* Fixed a bug where SQL file distribution method was disabled when it shouldn't be.
Karabas wrote:fix plzzz the new maps from Nyuton - make the water areas to have a bottom...so we will be able to make bridges and so on. now we cant pour substances into water (or even nearby) in most of cost areas - an error =(
Is it possible to load the terrain from one server on the MMO and import it to this tool for test purposes?
* New Feature: Added ability to upload own maps to TerraTool and distribute them to servers.
* New Feature: Added ability to share uploaded maps with the community.
* Map Generator: Added new modification for the original map: The Umbrella
* Map Generator: Seperated this page in 4 categories:
- TerraTool Official Maps
- User Created Maps
- My Uploaded Maps
- Original Map Patches
* Map Generator: Max. altitude range for custom maps extended 25 meters in each direction (now 125.0 - 375.0)
* Map Generator: Minimum altitude for original map patches increased from 30.0 to 50.0 meters.
* Map Generator: Made forest soil algorithm selectable for original map modifications too.
* Statistics: Added 2nd pie chart to display trending maps (data of last 7 days). Added 'user map' slices to both charts.
* Dashboard: In job list, 'Time added' will show local user time instead of server time.
* Downloads: Added note about minimap uninstallation. Minor text/instructions edits.
* General: Increased max. daily jobs for Free User with trusted Steam status to 5 and for Supporters to 20.