Playing beta from Australia

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Stafford33
Zealous Believer

Playing beta from Australia

Post by Stafford33 » 28 Apr 2017, 03:22

Playing the beta from Australia the ping is so bad all the animations bug out and i have good internet, eg my character slides along the ground in a standing position instead of running.
You also stam out after swinging a weapon once while attacking
100% stam to 0% after 1 swing.

Does that mean that players from this region of the world who paid for the game wasted their money?

RickySpanish
True Believer

Re: Playing beta from Australia

Post by RickySpanish » 28 Apr 2017, 03:29

Stafford33 wrote:Playing the beta from Australia the ping is so bad all the animations bug out and i have good internet, eg my character slides along the ground in a standing position instead of running.
You also stam out after swinging a weapon once while attacking
100% stam to 0% after 1 swing.

Slide animation happens to all of us. As for the stam after one swing, you probably don't have the strength required + either a broken bone or rez debuff (or something along those lines).

Stafford33
Zealous Believer

Post by Stafford33 » 28 Apr 2017, 03:33

I was using a blacksmith hammer, no re sickness or bones broken.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 28 Apr 2017, 09:37

They will add regionnal servers, it's planned from long time.

But, in order to maximise efficiency, they begin to stabilize one group of serv before installing multiples packs all accross the world.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 28 Apr 2017, 14:04

VPN was needed if you play an online-game.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Gnomebo
Zealous Believer

Post by Gnomebo » 01 May 2017, 07:22

Yep they better work something out to get the ping down from 400-800 for us Aussies (but for now I realize they are testing it).

Saar the problem I see is if they add regional servers, I don't know how they intend to do it. But if they make 1-3 hexes located in Australia or Oceanic region then it means, firstly we are limited to building in those hex's and two if someone tries to attack and come into that hex they will have a severe disadvantage ping wise.

From my experience ping, anywhere above the 150 mark gives you a huge disadvantage in combat.

Imo I hope they consider something like Amazons Game Lift servers (the ones StarCitizen intends to use) for the MMO when its fully released (Not sure if LiF game engine is supported) Nonetheless the only way I see this game succeeding as 1 huge international MMO is if ping is never an issue.

Return to General Discussion