Pre-purchase Concern, Convince me...

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Sledgehamma

Pre-purchase Concern, Convince me...

Post by Sledgehamma » 20 Sep 2014, 09:37

I looked over this game earlier today and at first was enthralled as I love the Medieval Age and the possibilities this game could bring. I watch some Twitch Streamers and liked what I viewed. Where I am hesitant was with the comparison to the MMO. I feel this is a watered down version of the MMO, with some major sell points on features like land claim and battles.

So, with that said $40 is steep for a game that I don't know how often updates are release. $20 seems more resonable as I kickstarted a game called The Stomping Land, which that dev team went silent, so if I was to lose out on my investment, I could part @ $20.

You compare this to Minecraft, which is fully Modable, and it's $30.
Price is a concern, especially if your MMO will be $60 (standard selling price).

My intentions would be to run a private dedicated server for our gaming community, so please someone convince on why I should foot the $40 and play this game, cause I am on a fence.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Pre-purchase Concern, Convince me...

Post by Siegbert » 20 Sep 2014, 10:44

Well, simply said: there might not be an MMO version if they don't get the funding... that was one of the reasons to go that route.

If you buy the "Your Own" version (which is now on Steam) you will get ingame currency for the MMO version when it's done.

The MMO version will be free2try. You will be on a noobie island and can test all ingame mechanics. After 24 hours all you have done will be wiped.
So, you will want to pay a sum (which I think won't be as high as $60) to transfer your character on the real MMO game world. There will be no further costs.

I would regard buying YO as an investion into the later game.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas