preorders suggestion

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Vbsarge

preorders suggestion

Post by Vbsarge » 01 Oct 2014, 04:40

I've had some friends get into this game, and watching streams and some youtube content, i'm really interested, however i have a personal issue with preorders and playing alpha/beta games.

mainly, I'm burnt out by the new meta, and how everything these days seems to be released unfinished and then content is either slow to come to or isn't what was promised. (not a fan of over promising)

I did a lot of thinking today, and decided my biggest issue with this practice, isn't trying to get some funding, or community help with stress tests and bug finding... it's the price.

My thought was, why not change the process to something like this:

For alpha/beta content, pay $10. Once release comes, have people pay the rest of the money on launch day to keep playing. Or give them a slight discount for their help with preorder funds.

I'll probably get told to go pound sand with this idea, but I feel like it would get a lot more people into it. I for one, can't justify to myself paying full release price for a game that isn't released, just been burned too many times.

The game looks cool, and if the pricing scheme for preorder changes I'll jump on board, otherwise, I'll be looking forward to full release someday in the future.

-Sarge

Return to Suggestions and Ideas