Price change

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Coldstream

Price change

Post by Coldstream » 19 Sep 2014, 20:57

Since you removed my last suggestion that in no way was aggressive or offensive I will post it once more but be more forward this time.

I'm not here to argue with anyone but the price for what you get is to high. Yes I want to fund your development but:

*I know nothing about this company
*you have no track record ,
*It is an alpha.
*£25 is rather a lot

A suggestion would be to lower the price to something reasonable , if so me and 20 others that were going to buy the game may reconsider but for now none of us can afford it and that is just how it is.....not financially viable for me and the others.

Removing this suggestion would just be low and I am so disappointed to say the least.

Bobik
Project Leader

Re: Price change

Post by Bobik » 19 Sep 2014, 21:25

Heya,

we will provide some discounts, 4-packs and so on, once we have a more stable version that will not make many people frustrated with crashes and bugs.

So far consider that as a support of development and if you're not willing to do that - we're completely understand that.

MMO donation was 50€ and everyone was ok with that. We have 30€ for an available LiF:YO. I think it is just.

Coldstream

Post by Coldstream » 19 Sep 2014, 21:43

Yeah mate , I really love the game and everything its so unique to a point where I had me and my clan ready to buy but 4 of our russian members brought up the fact they are paying $23-4 dollars for it and we are paying nearly triple that in Pounds (£) I hate to moan but I earn not alot in a factory I work at and this is quite a high price

Getherer
Alpha Tester

Post by Getherer » 20 Sep 2014, 03:27

Coldstream wrote:Yeah mate , I really love the game and everything its so unique to a point where I had me and my clan ready to buy but 4 of our russian members brought up the fact they are paying $23-4 dollars for it and we are paying nearly triple that in Pounds (£) I hate to moan but I earn not alot in a factory I work at and this is quite a high price

I suppose he makes a good point, 25 euros is about 19.99 pounds, though i think ideal price would be 18.99 pounds.
However game is worth every penny paid! :beer:
"I was born original; thy shall not die a copy"

Warband_player

Post by Warband_player » 21 Sep 2014, 02:35

Bobik wrote:Heya,

we will provide some discounts, 4-packs and so on, once we have a more stable version that will not make many people frustrated with crashes and bugs.

So far consider that as a support of development and if you're not willing to do that - we're completely understand that.

MMO donation was 50€ and everyone was ok with that. We have 30€ for an available LiF:YO. I think it is just.

I'm sorry mate, but how can you think $40 is just for a game that isn't even near complete? and on early Access. Minecraft charged people half the price for alpha access + full game. The point im trying to make is people should be paying a lot less for an alpha not RRP.

My second point, The game isn't an MMO (yet) so I don't know why you guys keep calling it that, Warband, Chivalry, CRPG and WoTR are considered in the Action/Melee genre. These are all games you are comparing yours to. So, in my opinion I'd put you in that genre too.

I love the ambition of this project. It's a game that myself with many other of my warbander friends have been dreaming about for years. However, I speak on behalf of a lot of my friends that share the same opinion with me here, investing $40 dollars to an indie developer company that has had no track record is too much for me. I'd might as well preorder Witcher 3 in that case. In conclusion the absolute furthest I'd pay for a game like this in early access is $20.

Anyway I doubt my feedback will even be answered here.

Stukii
Alpha Tester

Post by Stukii » 21 Sep 2014, 03:34

Warband_player wrote:Minecraft charged people half the price for alpha access + full game.

You getting the cheapest example out here you coud have thought of.

Warband_player wrote:The point im trying to make is people should be paying a lot less for an alpha not RRP.

No. Just no. You don't even know the 'RRP'.

Warband_player wrote:The game isn't an MMO (yet) so I don't know why you guys keep calling it that.

There are two games, Life is feudal the MMO and Life is Feudal:Your Own. You will find every information you need on the Life is Feudal website http://lifeisfeudal.com/.

Warband_player wrote: Warband, Chivalry, CRPG and WoTR are considered in the Action/Melee genre. These are all games you are comparing yours to. So, in my opinion I'd put you in that genre too.

Warband_player wrote:It's a game that myself with many other of my warbander friends have been dreaming about for years. [..] I'd might as well preorder Witcher 3 in that case.

You might aswell buy a book and learn programming to start your own game! Well no one can make the decision for you other than you.
This is a indie developer team as you already mentioned. They actually need the money because they are making a game as gamers theirself. They work on LiF for a long time now and are renting several servers. Devs are putting everything they have into this project as a dream.
On the other hand you have Witcher, probably a sweet game for a week or two. More like an interactive movie for me. Plus it's a sequel of a sequel.. so you basically pay 3x60(?) to watch this movie. They are probably already working on the DLC and the trailer for the next sequel.
All this powered by Atari >>> You could aswell rant on their forums that they should release their product for 20$ because they are already funded. No risk there. Have you even ever thought about who you are paying there? Who will get all this cash of a 60$ Witcher? Will it be shared between the developers? Will it be used to create free content? Or... You know the answer :>

Warband_player wrote:In conclusion the absolute furthest I'd pay for a game like this in early access is $20.

Warband_player wrote:It's a game that myself with many other of my warbander friends have been dreaming about for years.

:beer:

Warband_player wrote:Anyway I doubt my feedback will even be answered here.

Always be optimistic.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas