Private Claim in MMO

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Sammael
True Believer

Private Claim in MMO

Post by Sammael » 19 Nov 2017, 14:31

After a Hell of a Start the last two days, there is one thing that can make a lot of people quit the game:

As a solo, or small group player, you cant claim land anymore!?
Because we need Copper Coins to build a Monument, which can´t be optained atm?

Now all my buildings burn down or decay, because I don´t want to play along with at least 9 other people. (+ I don´t have 9 other people)

If I´m wrong and there is a super easy way to get Copper Coins early on, please correct me, but as far as I see it, I wated around 1,5 days to finally play this game, after it should have been playable.
Next i wasted 7 hours to find a spot and make myself a hofe, just to realise that everthing I build will be gone in hours or a day.

So please... change something or a all solo players and small groups will be too frustrated to rebeuild everthing after 1 day

Masteroliw
True Believer

Re: Private Claim in MMO

Post by Masteroliw » 19 Nov 2017, 15:23

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the central city has a trading post that will buy whatever you have and give you copper coins that can be used for the private monument.

EvilManRay
True Believer

Post by EvilManRay » 19 Nov 2017, 15:30

Central city has 3 trading posts that you can sell items to, but to as far as I know none of them are actually working.

AverageJoe
True Believer

Post by AverageJoe » 19 Nov 2017, 20:34

EvilManRay wrote:Central city has 3 trading posts that you can sell items to, but to as far as I know none of them are actually working.

Yes, I tried all 3 trading posts yesterday and i was not able to get offered copper coins from the crown :sorry:

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 20 Nov 2017, 02:19

another issue that I can't find an answer to is this: Will personal claims allow you to invite other members for small groups (e.g a band).

Bands are supposed to be legit groups smaller than a guild but don't see a mechanism to actually form a band. I am really really hoping a personal claim allows you to invite folks to form a band (like it was in YO)

Shruu

Post by Shruu » 20 Nov 2017, 06:38

Macpharlan wrote:another issue that I can't find an answer to is this: Will personal claims allow you to invite other members for small groups (e.g a band).

Bands are supposed to be legit groups smaller than a guild but don't see a mechanism to actually form a band. I am really really hoping a personal claim allows you to invite folks to form a band (like it was in YO)

Yes you can, you can even set permissions for different stuff, like bags or buildings etc.

Conak
Zealous Believer

Post by Conak » 20 Nov 2017, 14:51

You got to be shitting me, so you can't even get a claim at the moment? :fool: :fool:

Zeves

Post by Zeves » 20 Nov 2017, 15:37

well clearly they want the big guilds to get a head start here.

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 20 Nov 2017, 15:39

Shruu wrote:
Macpharlan wrote:another issue that I can't find an answer to is this: Will personal claims allow you to invite other members for small groups (e.g a band).

Yes you can, you can even set permissions for different stuff, like bags or buildings etc.

This has been confirmed with personal claim? we can have multiple people use it? This would be a life saver!

Now we just need to get personal claims working :)

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 22 Nov 2017, 00:15

So I can finally confirm after traveling to the town and back (even drowned once, so about a 3 hour trek) and getting a personal claim that you can add folks.

The downside is that it looks like currently it will only take coins to feed it. I put in 10 and it said that would keep it happy for 2 in-game days, ZERO normal days.

I hope this is broke, devs said the starter claim should take anything, which would make sense since we are beggar peasants, I don't want to have to move closer to the town or spend 2+ hours a day just to make a run, its hard enough already.

Dev ref
post113320/#p113320

Ruicunha

Post by Ruicunha » 23 Nov 2017, 16:14

WTF 10 coins : 2 game days?

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 27 Nov 2017, 16:01

Ruicunha wrote:WTF 10 coins : 2 game days?

LOL I made 90 silver on my first trip to the trading post...

I am covered for 2 real life months on mine.

It is amazing what you can do with actual crafted goods.

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 27 Nov 2017, 17:53

How did you craft the goods? Everything on the list except for a log is not primitive, you have to be past that stage in order to make anything of value.

Are you solo or in a group?

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 27 Nov 2017, 18:07

Macpharlan wrote:How did you craft the goods? Everything on the list except for a log is not primitive, you have to be past that stage in order to make anything of value.

I am with a group, a large group of about 70. But even then, you can do the samethings I did with about 5 people.

Hunting- drying the hides- crafting novice leather armor- selling.

OR you can Mine silver, gold or copper, and make things out of them and sell them.... copper bowls go for a bit.

Just a few things I did. I didnt even make armor, just hunted and got hides and sold them.

I think I had a weeks worth of hides saved up. Wolf, Boar, deer, and 1 bear. 2 of the deer hides were regional.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 29 Nov 2017, 21:53

Hodo wrote:
Macpharlan wrote:How did you craft the goods? Everything on the list except for a log is not primitive, you have to be past that stage in order to make anything of value.

I am with a group, a large group of about 70. But even then, you can do the samethings I did with about 5 people.

OR you can Mine silver, gold or copper, and make things out of them and sell them.... copper bowls go for a bit.

Just a few things I did. I didnt even make armor, just hunted and got hides and sold them.

I think I had a weeks worth of hides saved up. Wolf, Boar, deer, and 1 bear. 2 of the deer hides were regional.

Everything you are talking about is pretty high in the trees. You didn't walk in day 1 solo or with 5 people and start doing any of that without help.

Also, 3 hours of walking is insane. Yeah, It's a nice big map, but travel needs to be faster, or there need to be more trading posts accessible to everyone (not blocked by big guilds).

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 30 Nov 2017, 03:50

Vorl wrote:
Hodo wrote:

Everything you are talking about is pretty high in the trees. You didn't walk in day 1 solo or with 5 people and start doing any of that without help.

Also, 3 hours of walking is insane. Yeah, It's a nice big map, but travel needs to be faster, or there need to be more trading posts accessible to everyone (not blocked by big guilds).

Yea this was my thoughts to this also, a guild of 10 plus people (already at an advantage with extra hands) can get a monument up and running with primitive items, yet the little man has to travel long distances and advance relatively far down the tech tree just to have base protection.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Nov 2017, 14:50

It isnt as difficult as some of you are making it.

You dont have to master something to make it and sell it.

There is a faster travel system, they are called horses. (granted the server crossing is bugged... but it is being worked on)

As other guilds setup trade posts and such it will improve the quality of life for all around.

On the EU server I understand it is MUCH harder due to the massive number of people and the guilds there.

You would be surprised the number of people who have all of these things already figured out. I have run by several small claims of 3-4 players that have thriving little hamlets going. They have even traded with me. It was fun it was nice, it was the way things SHOULD be. I know on the tile I live on on the NA server we have maybe 6 different groups living there, the guild I am in that owns the tile, our vassals, which range in size from 10-20 to as few as 4 people.

They help each other, they trade and we have even started building roads to each others claims to speed up trade and traffic.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 30 Nov 2017, 17:30

Hodo wrote:It isnt as difficult as some of you are making it.

You dont have to master something to make it and sell it.

There is a faster travel system, they are called horses. (granted the server crossing is bugged... but it is being worked on)

As other guilds setup trade posts and such it will improve the quality of life for all around.

On the EU server I understand it is MUCH harder due to the massive number of people and the guilds there.

You would be surprised the number of people who have all of these things already figured out. I have run by several small claims of 3-4 players that have thriving little hamlets going. They have even traded with me. It was fun it was nice, it was the way things SHOULD be. I know on the tile I live on on the NA server we have maybe 6 different groups living there, the guild I am in that owns the tile, our vassals, which range in size from 10-20 to as few as 4 people.

They help each other, they trade and we have even started building roads to each others claims to speed up trade and traffic.

From your previous post:
"Hunting- drying the hides- crafting novice leather armor- selling"

How is it not that difficult? You can't make leather armor of any kind ontil a tier 4 skill, that's a LOT of grinding, and unless you have people supporting you, you spend most of your time gathering food.

I think you underestimate the benefit of your 69 other guild mates. You certainly aren't self sufficient doing this any time early game.

Also, you picked the one example that's all in 1 skill tree. Anything in the artisan tree has to rely on multiple trees, which is stupid. Your materials should be something each tree can make for itself. A blacksmith should be able to mine it's own stuff, and create it's own support buildings (kilm, forge, etc).

They have things too specialized currently. If they were going to balance the skill trees a bit, tailor should be it's own skill tree under artisan. It doesn't make any sense to be under hunting. Just because you can kill something doesn't give you any more idea how to make armor than picking flowers would.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Nov 2017, 18:04

Vorl wrote:From your previous post:

How is it not that difficult? You can't make leather armor of any kind ontil a tier 4 skill, that's a LOT of grinding, and unless you have people supporting you, you spend most of your time gathering food.

I think you underestimate the benefit of your 69 other guild mates. You certainly aren't self sufficient doing this any time early game.

Also, you picked the one example that's all in 1 skill tree. Anything in the artisan tree has to rely on multiple trees, which is stupid. Your materials should be something each tree can make for itself. A blacksmith should be able to mine it's own stuff, and create it's own support buildings (kilm, forge, etc).

They have things too specialized currently. If they were going to balance the skill trees a bit, tailor should be it's own skill tree under artisan. It doesn't make any sense to be under hunting. Just because you can kill something doesn't give you any more idea how to make armor than picking flowers would.

Yes my guild supported me a bit, and I support them. That is what it is for. But even out on my own.. tested just the past 2 days. No help from my guild, using JUST my private claim.

I made captured a few dozen chickens and rabbits, killed countless deer, moose, and wolves. Skinned all of them. Took all of the hides un-treated to the market. The rabbit skins dont sell, but the cooked food did. All of the other skins sold, still made 10silver from the trip. That was enough to tack on another 2 weeks on my claim.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 30 Nov 2017, 18:18

Hodo wrote:
Vorl wrote:From your previous post:

Yes my guild supported me a bit, and I support them. That is what it is for. But even out on my own.. tested just the past 2 days. No help from my guild, using JUST my private claim.

I made captured a few dozen chickens and rabbits, killed countless deer, moose, and wolves. Skinned all of them. Took all of the hides un-treated to the market. The rabbit skins dont sell, but the cooked food did. All of the other skins sold, still made 10silver from the trip. That was enough to tack on another 2 weeks on my claim.

It's much easier to do when you already have your skills. Do it solo with a newbie toon, that isn't optimized during character creation. Most people will have no idea how to optimize their toons, this game is anything but user friendly. Also do it without the gear you got from your guild. A newbie can't kill wolves, or other animals that attack back.

Your test doesn't show anything because you already had all the benefits of a big guild. You claim that's the way it "should be" but this whole thread is about a small group, not someone that's been supported by their guild and has a lot of high level skill.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Nov 2017, 18:29

Vorl wrote:
It's much easier to do when you already have your skills. Do it solo with a newbie toon, that isn't optimized during character creation. Most people will have no idea how to optimize their toons, this game is anything but user friendly. Also do it without the gear you got from your guild. A newbie can't kill wolves, or other animals that attack back.

Your test doesn't show anything because you already had all the benefits of a big guild. You claim that's the way it "should be" but this whole thread is about a small group, not someone that's been supported by their guild and has a lot of high level skill.

I actually make my own arrows and bows. So that covers most of my hunting tools. I have been using my believers tools and when they break I make primitive tools which work just fine.

I built my own shack, and the wattle fence around it. I even built my own practice dummy. The only thing I needed from my guild was some nails. Which you can get if you just trade with neighbors. Which I did with my guild traded. I brought a few hides and got 100 nails. Bartering... the original trade mechanic.

And bone glue is easy enough to make if you have hunting at 60 and animal lore at 30... which that is a hot topic right now. So making more storage isnt an issue either. Even without animal lore you can trade, bones for bone glue. Most people training procurement will gladly make that trade.

Notice how I am working with people around me. Not just my guild but anyone in my tile. It is simple trade. Life is feudal, not life is lonely.

I am a hunter, carpenter, and archer in the guilds militia. I am RPing that, I am sticking with that. I am not trying to be a noble or some kind of knight.

As a new player yes these things will be VERY difficult to accomplish, but not impossible. They just have to be willing to communicate with people and hope those people will communicate back. Sometimes you get lucky and find people who want to trade. They may even just trade manual labor for stuff you need or want.

And remember Murphy's Laws of combat...
"Teamwork is essential it gives them someone else to shoot at."

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 30 Nov 2017, 18:36

Hodo wrote:
Vorl wrote:

I actually make my own arrows and bows. So that covers most of my hunting tools. I have been using my believers tools and when they break I make primitive tools which work just fine.

I built my own shack, and the wattle fence around it. I even built my own practice dummy. The only thing I needed from my guild was some nails. Which you can get if you just trade with neighbors. Which I did with my guild traded. I brought a few hides and got 100 nails. Bartering... the original trade mechanic.

And bone glue is easy enough to make if you have hunting at 60 and animal lore at 30... which that is a hot topic right now. So making more storage isnt an issue either. Even without animal lore you can trade, bones for bone glue. Most people training procurement will gladly make that trade.

Notice how I am working with people around me. Not just my guild but anyone in my tile. It is simple trade. Life is feudal, not life is lonely.

I am a hunter, carpenter, and archer in the guilds militia. I am RPing that, I am sticking with that. I am not trying to be a noble or some kind of knight.

As a new player yes these things will be VERY difficult to accomplish, but not impossible. They just have to be willing to communicate with people and hope those people will communicate back. Sometimes you get lucky and find people who want to trade. They may even just trade manual labor for stuff you need or want.

And remember Murphy's Laws of combat...
"Teamwork is essential it gives them someone else to shoot at."

Again, all you are showing is how much support you had, and how high your skills are now. You didn't get there this fast solo, or even with a small group. I am guessing you also got a lot of skill before the skill nerfs especially in the hunting tree.

I don't care how much you communicate with your neighbors, they aren't going to feed you so you can do anything but collect food. Now that your skills are where they are, yes, things are very easy for you, great job you. That is not even remotely representative of anyone trying now with a small group of friends.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Nov 2017, 19:35

Vorl wrote:Again, all you are showing is how much support you had, and how high your skills are now. You didn't get there this fast solo, or even with a small group. I am guessing you also got a lot of skill before the skill nerfs especially in the hunting tree.

I don't care how much you communicate with your neighbors, they aren't going to feed you so you can do anything but collect food. Now that your skills are where they are, yes, things are very easy for you, great job you. That is not even remotely representative of anyone trying now with a small group of friends.

I actually feed myself. It isnt that hard.

I hunt, so I have PLENTY of game meat, not to mention white meat from all of the chickens and rabbits I catch in snares. So food is not an issue. I actually trade food a lot.

Kill one cow an you will have 350 game meat! That is 58 fried game meat meals.

And actually no I didnt get a lot of the skill gains before the skill nerf. I was in the middle of gaining in animal lore when the nerf happened. So yeah it sucked for me. But I adapted, improvised and overcame the issue.

There are no obstacles only challenges.

Zebeid

Post by Zebeid » 04 Dec 2017, 17:55

Private claims are just loot boxes for Thieves Guild who drops a guild claim on top and steals all your stuff.

Sidiomar444
True Believer

Post by Sidiomar444 » 14 Jan 2018, 22:24

Yes, It feels that theres no place for solo players in this game....

Redmantle

Post by Redmantle » 15 Jan 2018, 00:19

People really seem to be struggling to go it alone at this game, wheras I'm swimming. You realise that even if they dont give you acess to their tradeposts most established large villages are likely willling to trade coin for specific resources? I got my claim up farming mushrooms for a nearby town till i was a good enough hunter to make coin selling hides. I realise though with the current map bug its hard to locate a friendly town with a tradepost right now, but for reference when the map IS working again all you need do is click the button that shows guild claims and tradeposts, cautiously aproach the nearest one and see if you can make friends.

It is disheartening before you have your claim up though I understand, I near quit the first couple days but I cracked it and now a week and a half later im loving it. You don't need a high-level at all, most decent guilds will be happy to part with a few silvers for rabbit-hides or bones or mushrooms (as its winter, noone has any wheat or apples to feed their domestic animals, especially up north) etc. etc. Maybe the other servers are full of a**holes but on the RP server so far every village i've encountered is if not all super helpful atleast ameniable to some forms of trade. I sshopped around and can easily make 5 silver in a couple hours to keep my 35 tile claim running smoothly. It WAS hit and miss first couple days though alone not going to lie. But i made near everything I have myself -traded with a nearby village for 50 nails though and looted a training dummy from an abandoned village -. Just gotta be patient, this is a game that is meant to be slooooooow paced in progress.

Edit: I'd further point out that i'm on Epleland (RP Server) which has reduced skillrates which makes it even more difficult than the standard servers, so it IS doable guys.

Return to Feedback Section