Private Claims Stolen

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Zebeid

Private Claims Stolen

Post by Zebeid » 04 Dec 2017, 17:48

Don't waste your time on a private claim. Thieves guild will just claim on top of it and steal all your stuff.

Hodo
True Believer

Re: Private Claims Stolen

Post by Hodo » 04 Dec 2017, 20:07

Zebeid wrote:Don't waste your time on a private claim. Thieves guild will just claim on top of it and steal all your stuff.

Or the option is dont live alone... live near a friendly guild strong enough to help protect your stuff.

Zebeid

Post by Zebeid » 05 Dec 2017, 13:04

Or pay $300+ to get 10 characters on the mainland and plant a guild claim on private lands I find. So many options.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 Dec 2017, 13:54

Zebeid wrote:Or pay $300+ to get 10 characters on the mainland and plant a guild claim on private lands I find. So many options.

Or get your friends to play with you, or find new ones. There are plenty of smaller and bigger groups who will surely welcome you with open arms and will increase the quality of the gameplay for you.

Umulium

Post by Umulium » 05 Dec 2017, 14:27

it is still stupid you can lose private claims, by putting down a guildclaim.
its a stupid mechanic.

fine have jugment hour, or other events or triggers were you lose your or some of your stuff.

but basicly lose your claim by someone placing a guildclaim instantly and have the guild move on to do the same to another private claim,
that is abuse of a bad game mechanic.

Zebeid

Post by Zebeid » 06 Dec 2017, 02:26

The Thieves Guild dropped the claim and then left in a day. I still had a week left on two personal claims inside. There should be a 24 hour "get out or else" timer when a guild drops a claim on a personal claim. With a negative alignment hit to the guild if the personal claim is not removed by the owner before the 24 hour period is hit. Right now its just an off hours non-interactive attack on offline players.

MeatVegetable
True Believer

Post by MeatVegetable » 08 Dec 2017, 02:03

They need to do a hard look at the claim system again to be honest, it's kind of a mess in it's current state.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 09 Dec 2017, 17:25

Zebeid wrote:The Thieves Guild dropped the claim and then left in a day. I still had a week left on two personal claims inside. There should be a 24 hour "get out or else" timer when a guild drops a claim on a personal claim. With a negative alignment hit to the guild if the personal claim is not removed by the owner before the 24 hour period is hit. Right now its just an off hours non-interactive attack on offline players.

I agree . Private claims should be renamed GUILD ONLY PRIVATE CLAIMS , as those are the ONLY PRIVATE CLAIMS REMAINING due to this abuse ! The system is so half baked that it only took a few days for people to realize how to abuse it . If only they had more testers in their previous beta tests ... tsk tsk , hopefully now they realize closing out their community for beta tests was a bad idea !! Alpha is for being selective not beta , you aren’t RARE for fucks sake !

JDresdin

Post by JDresdin » 18 Dec 2017, 03:07

Agree with most here that the current system is completely broken.

We want private claims, even if we're already in a guild. Currently the only options are find space inside guild claim, (not possible in smaller guilds or in some designs) or to split off and make a secondary guild, removing all the benefits of private claims (having your own space, and guild space).

Edit: I am not saying private claims should be immovable, but the current mechanic where you can lose it overnight while offline are what makes it a broken mechanic.

Edit2: to provide a simple solution so I'm not just complaining, you could make it so that private claims can be taken down with torches/siege during judgement hour (with some effort). This would prevent private claims being used for griefing, and make putting up walls of some sort and defending your claim possible.

Return to Newcomer Section