Private server vs Open server

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Gaav

Private server vs Open server

Post by Gaav » 01 Dec 2014, 14:32

Hello,

Me and a 4 other friends have bought the game and currently playing on a password protected server. Some have gotten to the point where they are getting bored and now want to open up the server to the public but we have yet to get anything secured. The argument now is that there is no point in playing without danger.

What are 100% exploit/glitch free ways to secure items? I've read threads where some say they logout and log back in and there house is empty yet the door is locked?

Also read walls don't matter since people "exit trick to jump over the wall or they can stack tree logs like a stair and just walk up to the wall and jump over it"

So my question is, have they fixed known exploits or made walls safer? Its been about a month since these posts were made and I don't see anything in the patch notes

Ziong18

Re: Private server vs Open server

Post by Ziong18 » 01 Dec 2014, 16:53

They're definitely staying on top of thins like exploits and are working on fixing all known ones but there are certainly no 100% bulletproof ways of securing your things aside from throwing everything in your inventory or container and picking it up when logging off. There are still floating logs and some other ways of getting past a wall. But if you want 100% reliability in security then you're not ready for public server, to be honest.

Gaav

Post by Gaav » 02 Dec 2014, 17:13

Do the warehouses 100% protect your items from greifers/bugs/exploits?

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 02 Dec 2014, 23:31

Gaav wrote:Do the warehouses 100% protect your items from greifers/bugs/exploits?

I read a while back that some folks were able to exploit other's warehouses, but that was a good 3 months or so ago, so don't know if it still exists or not.

A lot of the housing exploits have been fixed with the "can't place item in the cell you are standing" in change. That was one of the ways folks were exploiting through housing walls (It happened to me once where I lost all my stuff, and then I watched someone else try to do it again, and then killed them when they got through the wall, lol).

So yes, there's likely still bugs and exploits out and about. Walls and gates still matter though. Even if they can breach your walls with floating logs, won't matter here soon. Personally hope they fix the floating log stuff though, they had it fixed for a while a couple of months back, but some change messed with that fix.

Once they get a more complete "claiming" system in, and some of the Law systems get implemented, there will be trespassing. Trespassers will be grayed out (their name) and freely able to be killed with no alignment loss.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 03 Dec 2014, 00:14

The warehouse is about as secure as you get. As long as you keep it claimed. There is an exploit where I can claim anything you have already claimed before the timer is up. I thought I had it 100% reproducible, but I was mistaken and I can only get it to work about 20% of the time. That exploit is very sophisticated though and I doubt youll ever run into anyone actually using it to grief. Just random occurrences of it that people take advantage of.

Return to Newcomer Section