Problem processing large server's databases

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

QuiLetoKyja

Problem processing large server's databases

Post by QuiLetoKyja » 11 Nov 2014, 10:58

After some ticket between us (GM of the Lost Eden - CBA's server) and Blue Fang Solutions, we noticed an issue with the large database processing.

Here are the ticket:

We would like to know if it's possible to verify server files's integrity

Hi. Since the last update of the game, and the game server, we notice some problem with us and our players. We have noticed that the waiting for server and the loading map took a really long time now, some guys needed 15 to 45 min in order to join the server. Because of it, we would like to now if it's possible to check the server file's integrity (like it's possible with the steam client), in order to know if some repear are needed. Then, could you tell us if it's normal that our players incounter these kind of problem to connect to our server, despite they could join other server without any problem, and without waiting this time (15 to 45 min). Thanks a lot for your help and you answer. Regards.

I'll do this now ....
there is nothing wrong with the files its bug with the game it has a problem processing large databases and yours is 164mb thats the biggest i have seen yet

Oh, ok. Thanks.

There is anything we could do for this big database or is it a problem we have to transmitted to the developpers?

The developers will need to address the issue.

Like you could see, our actual processing Database is actually at 164MB, the biggest they've seen yet.

We uncountered some problem with it:
- enormous lag
- connection to server problem (some of us have to wait around 5 to 15 min waiting for server)
- loading world problem (some of us have to wait till 5 to 45 min before the end of the loading world).
- frequent client crash (processor use is around 50% for a quadcore processor, 3,5 Go Ram used, but texture couldn't be loaded)
- client's crash when we run from one zone to another (For me, the areas can be identified by the little bugs that give texture to a small transparent line).

Sorry for my English, it's not my mothern language.

I hope this feedback will help to solve these kind of issue.

Regards.

Vamyan

Re: Problem processing large server's databases

Post by Vamyan » 11 Nov 2014, 20:47

You should probably report all this properly, to ensure it's addressed and acknowledged by the developers.

how-to-properly-report-bugs-t2222/

Riceiq999

Post by Riceiq999 » 01 Dec 2014, 01:43

QuiLetoKyja wrote:After some ticket between us (GM of the Lost Eden - CBA's server) and Blue Fang Solutions, we noticed an issue with the large database processing.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone found any solution to this kind of problem. It seems the longer the server has been around the worse the loading time and the more frequent server side crashes. Our server use to crash every 2 days or so and now maybe only every 12 hours. Do all servers inevitably need a wipe at some point because the amount of crap that needs to be processed just gets bigger and bigger?

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 01 Dec 2014, 01:44

Riceiq999 wrote:
QuiLetoKyja wrote:After some ticket between us (GM of the Lost Eden - CBA's server) and Blue Fang Solutions, we noticed an issue with the large database processing.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone found any solution to this kind of problem. It seems the longer the server has been around the worse the loading time and the more frequent server side crashes. Our server use to crash every 2 days or so and now maybe only every 12 hours. Do all servers inevitably need a wipe at some point because the amount of crap that needs to be processed just gets bigger and bigger?

I believe this issue is likely why a lot of servers (official and none) have set their Wild Animal amounts to 0. Either a bug or memory leak going on, not sure, but many of them have done so.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 29 Dec 2014, 07:06

I have to be critical here. There is no way the MMO can survive if a small 64 player server (crashes @ 20 players) can't survive more than a month without constant crashes.

This is a SERIOUS issue that should stop being ignored.

No one wants to devote a lot of time on a server that uses MMO settings (1x multiplier) only to see everything WIPED monthly because the server starts crashing twice a day.

It is completely UNACCEPTABLE. I love this game and I don't want to see it fail on account of this issue. The people in my community have built something great together but we're going to start losing great players if this issue can't be dealt with soon.

We would LOVE to help by providing access to the server if it means a fix can be found sooner

Leichhardt

Post by Leichhardt » 09 Jan 2015, 01:03

I have had my server up since 10/3/2014... and it is currently plagued with crashes daily.. at least every 12 hours... Are there ANY DB cleanups we can do that will help lighten the crashes? I had about 25 people logging in constantly and now we are down to about 15.. because of all the server crashing... initially the server was up for weeks at a time... this really needs a resolution.. if we can't keep 20ish people on a server without wiping it every month... then how is this game future playable? a mySQL db doesn't seem sufficient enough for something this log intensive... you should move to Oracle.. or SQL Server 2014. At least then we would have some way of cleanups... this.. this is just crazy and lame. It makes me not want to play the game anymore.... sadly.. as I really enjoy playing.

Return to Feedback Section