Problems Digging a Tunnel

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Thehiveleader

Problems Digging a Tunnel

Post by Thehiveleader » 20 Sep 2014, 04:43

This is not so much a complaint rather than an experience that I have with the game and the issues I have had with digging a tunnel.

So, I have well above 60 Prospecting at this point (I am in the 90s to be exact) and have been trying to get to some copper ore so that I can begin making better tools other than these primitive ones.

I prospected some ore and simply need to tunnel to it. So I begin "Digging a tunnel". 45 Minutes later, smacking the same spot, emptying my bag of all dig/rock I get the moment I become encumbered (just because I want to make sure a full inventory is not an issue), the ground has not moved.

I move across the map. Prospect some more ore. Begin "Digging a tunnel." 45 minutes later, the ground has not moved.

I move again, thinking perhaps I'm just in the wrong area. Prospect more ore. This time I try to "Dig a tunnel down". 30 minutes. Nothing.

I decide to log off for awhile. When I get back on, I decide to do a new server just to make sure it was not a server issue. I experience the same situation all over again.

At this point, I am at a loss. I do know that when I have asked other people on both servers, they are not experiencing the same issue. I have followed all of their advice trying to begin a tunnel to no avail.

I do not know whether this is a bug or an intentional game design. I have read that it can take 3 to 50 actions to break ground. I have well exceed this.

This is something that should probably be looked at.

Dustinmcrorie

Re: Problems Digging a Tunnel

Post by Dustinmcrorie » 21 Sep 2014, 23:00

Yeah man, same here.

Literally spent 20 minutes digging at the same spot, and nothing.
I knew there were going to be bugs, but this makes the game unplayable.
If there isn't a fix for this soon, i think I'm going to look into getting a refund.

Dods

Post by Dods » 22 Sep 2014, 03:18

I'd have to agree the tunneling system needs looking into. I've not experienced the problems described above. However, when tunneling "down" into a tile I always find the tile in front of it needs tunneled or something because I've created a hole in the ground.

In short, sorry you've experienced these things. But, I feel your pain.

Garret

Post by Garret » 22 Sep 2014, 12:34

I started digging a tunnel it does work just take far to long I was digging for about 2 hours with a primitive pick axe I used the Dig tunnel option not Dig tunnel downwards after you brake ground you can change to Dig tunnel downwards then you can use a option called probing and it will tell you how long tile the next tile brakes in % I have to empty my bag ever 20% out of 100% I was only about 70 and ened up with 75.60 0.02 points each pickaxe hit and shavoling terraforming
Last edited by Garret on 22 Sep 2014, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mumpel

Post by Mumpel » 22 Sep 2014, 12:38

Yep it works, but its really slow ... we made a tunnel of about 20 metres in 45minutes with 3 guys digging non stop (except for emptying pockets). Its one of the most time-consuming activities but it works good if you're in a group.

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 22 Sep 2014, 16:06

Mumpel wrote:Yep it works, but its really slow ... we made a tunnel of about 20 metres in 45minutes with 3 guys digging non stop (except for emptying pockets). Its one of the most time-consuming activities but it works good if you're in a group.

heh, sorta like a real life simulator then, cool. :beer:

TaylorNox
True Believer

Post by TaylorNox » 27 Sep 2014, 16:34

To answer most of the above - tunneling is slow because its meant to be done by groups

You cannot dig a tunnel downwards on a tile that is below you - it either has to be sloped so that part of it is above your feet or just straight up on a tile above you.

If you try to dig a tunnel on a tile thats not above pretty much knee level it wil just constantly smack it to no avail - obvious reason for this is so people dont dig random 100 m straight down pits.

Return to Feedback Section