Quality in Coops Going Down

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Xycep

Quality in Coops Going Down

Post by Xycep » 04 Feb 2016, 19:46

I have been having quality issues in the coops. Anyone else? I have four coops. About 9:30 am this morning I killed off a lot of animals in the coops.

1st Coop I left 6 level 98 hares.
2nd Coop I left 8 level 98 hares.
3rd Coop I left 2 100 level chickens and 4 level 99
4th Coop I left 4 96 level chickens and 3 level 97.

At 1:15 p.m. I looked in on the chickens and hares.

1st Coop shows 5 level 96 and 1 level 95 hare.
2nd Coop shows 1 level 95, 4 level 96, and 4 level 97 hare.
3rd Coop shows 3 level 100 and 4 level 99 chickens.
4th Coop shows 3 level 96 and 4 level 97 chickens.

All have had and still have level 100 apples.

None of the chickens or hares have died according to the log.
Why are the hares decreasing in quality? They are not too old either. The first coop ages are: 2,4,6,7,8,9. The second coop ages: 0,2,6,7,8,9,11,12,14.
Last edited by Xycep on 04 Feb 2016, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Veda
Beta Tester

Re: Quality in Coops Going Down

Post by Veda » 04 Feb 2016, 20:00

What is your quality's food ?

The dungometer can decrase the quality of your chicken.

Xycep

Post by Xycep » 04 Feb 2016, 20:38

100 quality apples.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 05 Feb 2016, 19:15

Does you server crash oftenly ? 'Coz when it appears, the dungometer increase and finally, the Q decrease.

When you built your coops, did you have the 100 skill, a Q100 hammer ?

Do you clean them oftenly ? or you wait 100% of poop ?

Normally, you can maintain easilly Q100 of your animals whith everything at 100.

With my folks, we have only one couple of animal in each barn/stable. That means the dungomter increase really slow (36h for 100% +/-) and i know it increase's really fast when you have lot of animals. Even 20-30% could decrease the quality.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 07 Feb 2016, 17:00

I've never seen them decrease in quality ... If you ask me there is something really wrong in lots of areas of the game (bugged I mean) . For instance the other day I had finally gotten two coops , one with about 8 rabbits and one with about 10 chickens, the lowest quality was high forties , and the highest was about 60 Q. I was constantly checking ready to clean the dung , when I checked the chickens they were at 19% so I checked again a few minutes later and realized TWO of the chickens has died of "poor hygiene" . I knew this wasn't possible as It was one of the higher Q chickens that went first , then a 40 Q chicken , then another chicken (can't remember quality) died right after I cleaned the poop when it reached 20%..

Something was seriously wrong and no one on the server had any idea what to do ... I ended up destroying the copp and moving the chickens into my inventory until I could make a new one on the same tile, after that one was built they never died of that glitch again . I'm gonna log that one onto the mantis tracker because that , along with SOOOO MANY OTHER BUGS, should not have made it into a final release game .

Andu

Post by Andu » 14 Feb 2016, 20:57

Yes, I have a couple of high quality coops that kill off anything I put in them. The coop says "died of poor hygiene" but the dunometer never gets about 20%. I have been trying everything I can think of but now I am convinced they are just bugged.

The quality is always 90 plus, food is high quality and plenty left over, the coops are never overcrowded, I put in 2-4 high quality animals and they die- sometimes within an hour. Server is stable with no crashes. Even brand new coops do this in the first few hours of being constructed.

I built three coops at one time once and two were death machines and the third let me raise rabbits normally. It might just be random chance but I seem to have the worst luck with chickens. I sometimes manage to keep rabbits for a couple of days at a time as long as I keep the coop cleaned, fed and not overcrowded.
Like trees? Hug a forester!

-Andu

BlindWarlock

Post by BlindWarlock » 29 Feb 2016, 01:47

I got the exact same problem here. One coop is still working fine, the other 3 just keep killling my stuff. I got to clean 1 out to 0% again, maybe taht'sll work out (4 chicken produced enouh dung before they died to let me clean it out).

Blackberrygoo, how did you destroy the coops?

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 02 Mar 2016, 12:54

It would be interesting to see the coop via the database to see what has happened.

As far as I see the quality of the coop does not seem to matter when it comes to the chicken itself, quality reflects how much durability your coop has (which again would only matter in case of decadence).

What I noticed is if I am cleaning/putting the food it matters my skill. On the database it does not even log the"favorite" food.

All that it stores are foodConsumeRatio, Dungemeter, harvest amount, foodLeft, FoodQuality, DungQuality.

There are 2 additional flags that should be at 0 that is Dirty adn Starving. 0 means ok. have you GM check that your coop is not Dirty with DungMeter <20. If it is ask him to reset it to 0

I hope this helps.

BlindWarlock

Post by BlindWarlock » 06 Mar 2016, 14:46

I might have found a solution to make your Killing machines usale coops again (needs some time though).

If you got an entire coop dieing beacuse a lack of hygiene, but at least one taht's still working use that one to raise new chicken (or hare). Instead of killing the old ones for Food, Bones and stuff take them out and put them into the deathmachines (or catch new ones and do so). They will continue to die in there, but also produce dung, which, after some time, will allow you to clean it up again (20%). After a coop has been cleaned it's usable again (worked for 2 of them for me by now, a third in progress). This helps if you can't contact an admin/GM and/or can't destroy the coops.
[more confirmation needed]

Return to General Discussion