Questions re: choosing server/world when leaving Newbie Island

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Celthon

Questions re: choosing server/world when leaving Newbie Island

Post by Celthon » 08 Jan 2018, 13:09

I only have the one 'Ticket', and do not want to squander it by trial & error, so I want to ask questions and get information before I start clicking buttons...so bear with me if these are stupid/newbie questions others may think the answers to are self-evident, Ok? :good:

Currently I have a character on Newbie Island, and I am in the NA region...when I open the dashboard for my account (https://region-na.lif.online/account/dashboard.php)
I see that I have one character on the 'Newbie' world, and zero characters on 'Buyan' world, and my character's full name is listed in the section on the left. All good.

When I click 'Europe' in the Region section on the right-side it now shows 3 available worlds (Newbie, Avalon, Epleland), and indicates I have zero characters on any of those worlds, and on the left-side under the section titled 'LiF:MMO Characters' I have no characters listed.

My questions:

> When it's time for me to leave Newbie Island, since my character is currently listed as being in 'Newbie World' in NA region, will my only option be to go to Buyan?

> To get a character to Epleland World, do I have to start a new character on Newbie World in the Europe Region?

> Do I have to have a new/separate 'Launcher' to access the Europe Region, or can I do so from the current Launcher I'm using to access my character in the NA Region...if I can use the same, how do I switch Regions?

> Do I have to download/install a separate version of the game to access the Europe Region, since I am in NA Region currently (I live in USA). I think it asked me to choose a Region when I initially downloaded/installed the game, but I could well be mistaken.

> Since I have not left Newbie Island, NA Region yet, can I start a character with the same name on Newbie Island, Europe Region? If I purchase another 'Ticket', could I have a character with the same name on each Region?

When I discovered the 'Dashboard' section for my account on the website and started looking at it I realized that, to me, it looks like the two regions are separate and that if I want to move to Epleland from Newbie Island I'd need to do so from the Newbie World on the Europe Region...am I correct?

I'd like to get these questions sorted out before I spend any more time on the current character on the NA Region, if I'm going to have to start over from scratch on the Europe Region.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Arrakis

Re: Questions re: choosing server/world when leaving Newbie Island

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jan 2018, 13:19

Celthon wrote:> When it's time for me to leave Newbie Island, since my character is currently listed as being in 'Newbie World' in NA region, will my only option be to go to Buyan?
EU and NA regions are separate. So if you create character on NA newbie island, you can only move to main NA server.

Celthon wrote:> To get a character to Epleland World, do I have to start a new character on Newbie World in the Europe Region?
Yes, that's correct.

Celthon wrote:> Do I have to have a new/separate 'Launcher' to access the Europe Region, or can I do so from the current Launcher I'm using to access my character in the NA Region...if I can use the same, how do I switch Regions?
Even though EU and NA client are separate, they are downloaded with a single launcher into separate subfolders. You can switch region either before you log in, or after you log in in bottom right corner of the launcher.

Celthon wrote:> Do I have to download/install a separate version of the game to access the Europe Region, since I am in NA Region currently (I live in USA). I think it asked me to choose a Region when I initially downloaded/installed the game, but I could well be mistaken.
Yes, as I mentioned above NA and EU are separate clients, so you have to download data for both worlds separately.

Celthon wrote:> Since I have not left Newbie Island, NA Region yet, can I start a character with the same name on Newbie Island, Europe Region? If I purchase another 'Ticket', could I have a character with the same name on each Region?
EU and NA databases are separate. So you can create a character with the same name in the other region if nobody else picked it there yet.

Celthon wrote:When I discovered the 'Dashboard' section for my account on the website and started looking at it I realized that, to me, it looks like the two regions are separate and that if I want to move to Epleland from Newbie Island I'd need to do so from the Newbie World on the Europe Region...am I correct?
Yep. Epleland is European server, so you need to create one on EU region if you want to join there. Also, you can't traverse between Epleland and Avalon, since they are separate servers but within same region.

Celthon

Re: Questions re: choosing server/world when leaving Newbie Island

Post by Celthon » 08 Jan 2018, 13:33

Thank you for the fast response and the information/answers to my questions.

Return to Newcomer Section