Quick heraldry feedback

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Khan-
Zealous Believer

Quick heraldry feedback

Post by Khan- » 10 Apr 2016, 21:01

Hi there

The heraldry system is pretty cool, really, I was afraid we could get less freedom !

But, because there's a but, we could get a little more !

- there is a too big gap between, the big and medium symbols size

- nice to change the position, but why not the rotation, x/y symetry ?

- more organic symbols ? flowers, tree leaves, insects (i'm thinking about the Canadians, the French (hehe), the early middle ages tribes)?

- there are a lot of eastern heraldry, scandinavian... (gottlung and slavard then) but, nothing really relevant for the khoor (arab/mongol)

- this one is more a question waiting for an answer from devs : do you plan more symbols in the cash shop ? (as far as we know, the cash shop is only cosmetic, what is more cosmetic than the heraldry ? :D)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Quick heraldry feedback

Post by Azzerhoden » 10 Apr 2016, 22:55

I also really like what I am seeing. Most of the folks in my guild would like to see surcoats (sleeveless) added as a way to visually distinguish officers from infantry. Though in truth (and I am certainly no expert on this) the tabards in game appear closer to surcoats. Regardless I like what you are doing!

For that matter (and since I feel greedy this morning), could we have crests added for helms sometime in the future? :D

On a side note, I am sure some folks are going to request cloaks. For the record, I am against cloaks of any kind. :bad:
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 11 Apr 2016, 08:27

I'm pretty sure they won't add cloaks x) it asks too much work for the animations :D

remember, once I asked a thing about the cloth quality in YO, and they answered for the MMO, we'll have a lot of more things... the, maybe a lot of new tabards and with higher cosmetic quality :good:

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 11 Apr 2016, 09:55

What about to let somehow upload our own emblem and then use it in the heraldy ?

I have no idea how it should be done but imagine it. All guild have their emblems made and the heraldy did not allow them to use it. Just to adjust it in not very nice way.
(The heraldy looks great, Iam not trying to hate it)
Ave BIA

Just_TJ

Post by Just_TJ » 11 Apr 2016, 10:38

I like the idea of we can upload our own emblem into the game, but from my past experience that must be in way moderated, player moderated like posting a link to report the emblem as inappropriate and having someone to accept the image before posting.

I'm not only speaking about nudity and gore stuff that will appear in the heraldy and most of the time i would not care if it's not too explicit, i am more concern with emblems that will look like real world extremist groups.

In LIF:YO the GM can be anyone in the world and he actually can be a little careless about the moderation and in the end we could end up with a server full of inappropriate content as heraldy symbols, that would be a little unfortunate.

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 11 Apr 2016, 10:55

I totally agree with you. It can be as good as bad.

If we can come up with some moderate system, how to control the pictures which are uploading, it could be nice way for players to customize their apperance.
Ave BIA

Hanz_knife
Devoted Believer

Post by Hanz_knife » 11 Apr 2016, 12:29

I would like to see more colors and darker colors. Also when you have emblem centered the upper part of the emblem is badly positioned, should be lowered down little bit so you could have the whole emblem on one layer and not between two layers if you know i mean. I can post screenshot later with better explanation.
"Jistě, byl to narušitel a nejspíš vrah a s takovými se musí jednat bez milosti. To není jako práce s buzolou děti."

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 11 Apr 2016, 15:48

darker colours.... hmmm

in fact, here, the colours are great, really. the black pigment didn't exist... the best black they got was a kind of very very dark brown, that went brown with days... like the black we've got here :)

there was some true black clothes, but it was from black sheep's whool :)

there are some medieval books with recipes and samples of the colours... that's why we know how it was

for the uploading heraldry... why not, some games does it simply but... because there's a big big but, they'll have to police everything coming and obviously, we cannot prevent people trying to bring some svastika (yes yes yes during the middle ages it wasn't bad yes yes i know i know...and there is one, and almost 2 in the heraldry system))or some totally dumb shit like company logos, band logos...

Hanz_knife
Devoted Believer

Post by Hanz_knife » 11 Apr 2016, 16:26

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:darker colours.... hmmm

in fact, here, the colours are great, really. the black pigment didn't exist... the best black they got was a kind of very very dark brown, that went brown with days... like the black we've got here :)

there was some true black clothes, but it was from black sheep's whool :)

there are some medieval books with recipes and samples of the colours... that's why we know how it was

for the uploading heraldry... why not, some games does it simply but... because there's a big big but, they'll have to police everything coming and obviously, we cannot prevent people trying to bring some svastika (yes yes yes during the middle ages it wasn't bad yes yes i know i know...and there is one, and almost 2 in the heraldry system))or some totally dumb shit like company logos, band logos...

Some colors like yellow for example has so low saturation for no reason and the design kinda looks like worn for years! What is the reason for that?

Why you cant have designs like this?
Medieval times were not like all muddy-shitty things everywhere, they were capable of awesome things actually. BTW why ranting about black color in game which has absolutely non-historic armor designs and lacks some other, historical ones?
"Jistě, byl to narušitel a nejspíš vrah a s takovými se musí jednat bez milosti. To není jako práce s buzolou děti."

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 11 Apr 2016, 17:10

did I say that ?

what you are saying, I already asked the devs and answered something like "wait for the MMO, more stuff is coming"

Hanz_knife
Devoted Believer

Post by Hanz_knife » 11 Apr 2016, 18:12

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:did I say that ?

what you are saying, I already asked the devs and answered something like "wait for the MMO, more stuff is coming"

ok great i hope so, thanks for info and sorry if i insulted you somehow, i might be not nicest person when i write in english :)

clothing for horses would be cool too btw 8-)

Ulfheoinn
True Believer

Post by Ulfheoinn » 18 Apr 2016, 12:26

Did you test them ?

How ?
[BP] Ulf
Óðinn's special warriors, and elite Viking forces

Return to Feedback Section