RCON Protocol Support

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Xrichard

RCON Protocol Support

Post by Xrichard » 25 Nov 2015, 21:12

Anything planned for dedicated servers in this department?

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Re: RCON Protocol Support

Post by Elusiven » 25 Nov 2015, 21:17

You can use telnet for remote console access btw :)

telnetConsoleParameters("4000","pass","pass");

in main config.
Head Administrator of medievalkingdoms.eu

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Xrichard

Post by Xrichard » 26 Nov 2015, 20:36

I had a look at this. The function telnetConsoleParameters doesn't seem to exist (I could only find a reference for it in an old ebook) but there is a function called telnetSetParameters.

telnetSetParameters( port, consolePass, listenPass [ , remoteEcho ] )
Purpose
Use the telnetSetParameters function to setup and accept telnet requests on a specific port.

Syntax
port – A numeric port ID.
consolePass – Password for read/write access to the console.
listenPass – Password for read access to the console.
remoteEcho – A boolean value to enable echoing to the client, false by default.

Returns
No return value.

I used centerPrintAll to send some messages about impending automated updates and restarts.

Is there a command that returns the playercount or a list of players connected to the server?

Telnet works, but man is it messy. It's a shame Torque 3D doesn't have an RCON implementation, unlike UE4.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 26 Nov 2015, 23:49

Xrichard wrote:I had a look at this. The function telnetConsoleParameters doesn't seem to exist (I could only find a reference for it in an old ebook) but there is a function called telnetSetParameters.

telnetSetParameters( port, consolePass, listenPass [ , remoteEcho ] )
Purpose
Use the telnetSetParameters function to setup and accept telnet requests on a specific port.

Syntax
port – A numeric port ID.
consolePass – Password for read/write access to the console.
listenPass – Password for read access to the console.
remoteEcho – A boolean value to enable echoing to the client, false by default.

Returns
No return value.

I used centerPrintAll to send some messages about impending automated updates and restarts.

Is there a command that returns the playercount or a list of players connected to the server?

Telnet works, but man is it messy. It's a shame Torque 3D doesn't have an RCON implementation, unlike UE4.

Apparently remote echo is set to false by default. But when you connect to telnet via putty or terminal you still get remote echo... Do you set it to true or something?
Head Administrator of medievalkingdoms.eu

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Xrichard

Post by Xrichard » 27 Nov 2015, 04:00

Elusiven wrote:Apparently remote echo is set to false by default. But when you connect to telnet via putty or terminal you still get remote echo... Do you set it to true or something?

I left it empty, so it should have been off?

Return to General Discussion