Read this guys ! :)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Read this guys ! :)

Post by Hoshiqua » 04 Sep 2015, 16:12

Hello Hoshiqua,

glad to see you here. You're correct, I hardly have time to deal with my email inbox, and almost no time for forum PMs or Steam messages. Trust me or not, that bothers me A LOT, but nothing much I can do with that, since right now with even more people in our team and fast pace of our development it is even more load on my shoulders. But enough of that crying :)

Thank you for your offer, I think we can discuss our current vision of combat in skype, if you want (CENSORED :D).

I do understand that most of our golden colored alpha members are looking for MnB style of combat, while I had stated it clearly - we want to go our own way with something more tactical and thought out, rather than reaction/twitch based. Some of our vets also know me from other sandbox MMO games (Shadowbane, Darkfall, Ultima Online, EvE) as PvPer since that is what I liked in most games. The reason why combat is being implemented last is not because I don't like it or don't know what to do with it, but because it is actually a VERY complex feature that crosses whole gameplay and game engine and needs a LOT of background, hidden work in order to be implemented completely. We've been doing that work along with peaceful abilities and right now we're almost full force into it.

In a few weeks I expect us to release a patch with special attacks (filled with a mocap animations ;)), visible combat HUD (mostly to display explain how our combat system works) and some other combat tweaks. We will discourage 8-movement and attacks spam, while making special attacks and combo attacks more useful and block, parry, shield bash, pounce will be used as interruptions/countermeasures in certain combat situations. Ideally our combat should evolve into something more then just who parries better, but rather into who knows combat aspects better and reacts properly to a certain combat situations. Our combat will be way more complex, then MnB one.

This is the copy of a email response of Bobik to me. He actually took the little time he has to answer me in a polite and developped way, and I can only be thankful for that.

That's pretty much it guys :D

This shows this dev team does care about what the community thinks, listens to it when it can, and works hard. So this is to whoever thinks they just want to make money, or are doing not a lot of work .. just look at this thread again. And don't you dare claim such atrocities again !! :D

Dalin
Beta Tester

Re: Read this guys ! :)

Post by Dalin » 04 Sep 2015, 20:33

Thank Hoshiqua for share.

8 attack = 8 block attack :crazy: (?)

if it's exact, i will see all official tournament :lol:
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

Return to General Discussion