Regarding "Animal Lore" and attempting to raise it.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
LeVagabond

Regarding "Animal Lore" and attempting to raise it.

Post by LeVagabond » 01 Apr 2015, 00:38

Hey folks,

I have ~50hrs in game time under my belt and I'm absolutely lovin' this game however, before I make a new topic in the feedback section I'd just like to ask if there's a possible way to increase my Animal Lore in the following scenario:

I play on an oceanic server (ANZ) and I've created snare traps in the hopes of snaring and capturing a small peaceful animal however, it's been almost 37hrs since I laid 10 snares on 10 different forest soil cells with peaceful animal tracks located in the vicinity and I've had absolutely no luck in catching a single animal; which ultimately means I have nothing to fill my coop, which therefore means I cant clean up and level animal lore this way.

The second way of leveling up Animal Lore is to "catch" or "tame" small animals, which wouldn't be too bad if I could actually find some small animals (by small I mean what it says in the skill book: hares and grouse) but alas, there are none to be found, all peaceful tracks so far have taken me to only 2 moose/deer and 2 aurochs (cow and bull). That's four peaceful animals which cannot be tamed because I have 0 animal lore. I also managed to find a boar, I tried taming it with Q100 apples, but after ~60 attempts I just gave up out of mind numbing frustration.

My second point becomes much worse when you consider that animals don't respawn, and a decent amount are stuck wondering the ocean floor...lol :%) . Which means I can't attack them nor tame them, which of course again means I cannot proceed in leveling up my Animal Lore.

Which now brings me to my third option, GM intervention, however, I tend to play late at night when everybody has gone to sleep which means no GM is on to nag with my #firstworldproblems. ;)

I am desperate for a solution if anyone can provide me with one; without having to switch servers.

Without leveling Animal lore I can't proceed to level procuration, cooking and tailoring. Here's the kicker though, the GMs on my server mentioned something about the drying racks and tanning tubs not currently working. Guess what this means? Yup, I ultimately can't level up my Animal Lore, Procuration, cooking and tailoring despite painstakingly raising my farming to 100 so i am able to gather Q100 apples.

If no one can provide me with a solution, a suggestion I'm thinking of posting in the feedback section is this:

Why not put tracking peaceful/aggressive animals into Animal Lore? Since realistically one would indeed need adequate knowledge/lore in animals to actually successfully track them.

As far as the wiki is concerned it mentions Fishing/Hunting as a crafting skill (one that makes snares and traps) well, tracking footprints doesn't actually craft anything tangible that can be put into your inventory so why not just move tracking to Animal Lore, it doesn't have to be forever just until the appropriate kinks are ironed out as it is still in open alpha.

But yeah I love this game but unfortunately this seems heavily game-breaking to me.

So sorry for the long (and whiny) post, I do hope someone out there who has a lot of spare time managed to read this in it's entirety.

Thanks for your patience in reading, I look forward to the replies - if I'm lucky enough to get any. :oops:

Arfy

Re: Regarding "Animal Lore" and attempting to raise it.

Post by Arfy » 03 Apr 2015, 22:17

I was going to suggest moving to our server until I had read in your post that you would rather not change servers .
What you describe sounds like your snares are bugged or the server itself is having issues .First try making a new set and placing them if you still don't have any luck see if you can find out if and when your server is restarted ,if it doesn't get restarted regularly you might want to move because all sorts of bugs creep in .
we have ours set to restart daily .

Oh one common server issue is that you cant skin animals and cant drop items ( a bag drops but the item is still in your inv) if this is happening then your snares wont work no matter how long you leave them out . The only way I know of to fix this is to restart the server .
Drop me a pm if you are interested in coming over to our server
we have a lot of ppl on during Aussie peak time and pretty good coverage over the other times .

Return to Newcomer Section