Reopening a covered mine

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Sunrayn

Reopening a covered mine

Post by Sunrayn » 25 Dec 2015, 03:06

Is there any way to uncover a mine that has been totally blocked due to broken decay mechanics? (decay is turned off but, everything still decays). Both my fully supported copper mine and fully supported iron mine have entrances have been filled in and cant be dug out because the game says there is a finished tunnel there and can't be terraformed or tunneled into. If I can't reopen them, are the devs at least going to fix the decay problem?

Airco

Re: Reopening a covered mine

Post by Airco » 25 Dec 2015, 08:02

decay is turnd off here aswel and tunnels collapse aswel

have yet to try to to reopen a collapsed mine,
did u report this on mantis?
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

JamesArhy

Post by JamesArhy » 28 Dec 2015, 04:05

We also have decay turned off and our tunnels are collapsing. This pretty much ruined my small server community's will to play knowing they would have to redig the mining tunnels once a week. Some way to inspect the tunnels would be nice. It takes a lot of material to reinforce them for it to only last a week in my opinion.

Leaf

Post by Leaf » 30 Dec 2015, 15:56

I like the system, tunnels not reinforced should collapse after a few days or have a chance to collapse.

4 boards per tile is nothing, even barrels are harder than that.

Sunrayn

Post by Sunrayn » 30 Dec 2015, 18:59

We aren't talking about unsupported tunnels collapsing though. We are talking about fully supported tunnels disappearing and not allowing us to reopen them due to the game telling us there is a unalterable section of ground in the spot the old tunnel was. This occurs after about a R.L week. Completely different thing. Just last night, I had a stone pit mine that had supported walls and wide open to the sky just disappear. The only signs it had ever been there was a line of rocky and dirt terrain covering it that couldn't be tunneled again.

*edit to add* at least that is what the O.P was talking about. I have 'cleaned out' collapsed sections and have no problem with that happening.
Last edited by Sunrayn on 30 Dec 2015, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 30 Dec 2015, 19:03

Sunrayn wrote:We aren't talking about unsupported tunnels collapsing though. We are talking about fully supported tunnels disappearing and not allowing us to reopen them due to the game telling us there is a unalterable section of ground in the spot the old tunnel was. This occurs after about a R.L week. Completely different thing. Just last night, I had a stone pit mine that had supported walls and wide open to the sky just disappear. The only signs it had ever been there was a line of rocky and dirt terrain covering it that couldn't be tunneled again.

The tunnel supports decay I believe, independent of object decay setting. After the supports decay, the tunnel collapses over time as well.

However, the fact that the tiles are locked after this seems to be a bug that should be reported on Mantis

Sunrayn

Post by Sunrayn » 30 Dec 2015, 19:11

Then there is another problem. You can't repair tunnel supports and the end result is the same. A completely useless tunnel.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 30 Dec 2015, 19:12

Sunrayn wrote:Then there is another problem. You can't repair tunnel supports and the end result is the same. A completely useless tunnel.

Agreed. Tunnel supports decay way too fast. If they decay and you happen to take a day off LIF, the mines will cave in & you will have to put forward a lot of labour to re-tunnel tiles with zero resources in them

Korox

Post by Korox » 31 Dec 2015, 22:47

its pretty easy to handle tunnel decay in my eyes.

Problem:
The game is meant to be played slow:
-6 hour day cycles, normal decay rate etc.

on these settings:

unsupported tunnels last 4-6 days = 24-36 hours

tunnels supported with terraforming 90 skill last ~4 weeks = 7-8 days until the supports go away, another 24-36 hours until the tunnel collapses

tunnels supported with terraforming 100 (!!! see perk info!!!) last nearly endles... they are still there after 5 ingame months ( ~40 RLdays)

Return to General Discussion