Resources locations on island

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Vianns
Alpha Tester

Resources locations on island

Post by Vianns » 02 Oct 2014, 13:39

Hey here !
A player told me that there are differences in "ressources quality" depending on they are located North or South of the island.
Is there anything like that ?

Thanks !

Rarp

Re: Resources locations on island

Post by Rarp » 02 Oct 2014, 14:34

Every single item in the game has quality, so yes it will differ, and yes it does make a difference (a very large one, in fact).
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 02 Oct 2014, 14:41

Does not make a difference right now. Use a blacksmith's workshop, carpenter workshop to get 100 quality items out of anything you put in there.

The quality of the ore from what I saw is dependant on your mining level, same as everything else. At least from what I saw.

Vianns
Alpha Tester

Post by Vianns » 02 Oct 2014, 14:54

So it's not quality.
But there are resources in South that are not in North, right ? And vice-versa (like apples, granit, etc...). Does somebody know what are this resources exactly ?

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 02 Oct 2014, 14:55

Mortimer wrote:Does not make a difference right now. Use a blacksmith's workshop, carpenter workshop to get 100 quality items out of anything you put in there.

The quality of the ore from what I saw is dependant on your mining level, same as everything else. At least from what I saw.

This is not true. Some items the quality doesn't matter. Things like tree's will not even grow unless you have the proper quality. If you make a tool out of all 100 quality materials, the durability will be 10x that of a quality 1.

An apple that has 0 quality heals 0, but an apple with 100 quality heals 100, so yes it makes a HUGE difference.

KuzenPower

Post by KuzenPower » 02 Oct 2014, 15:29

Quality affects weapon damage and armor protection aswell. The difference between 1 and 100 is 50%-100%, we tested.

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 02 Oct 2014, 16:24

Rarp wrote:
Mortimer wrote:Does not make a difference right now. Use a blacksmith's workshop, carpenter workshop to get 100 quality items out of anything you put in there.

This is not true. Some items the quality doesn't matter. Things like tree's will not even grow unless you have the proper quality. If you make a tool out of all 100 quality materials, the durability will be 10x that of a quality 1.

An apple that has 0 quality heals 0, but an apple with 100 quality heals 100, so yes it makes a HUGE difference.

In regards to iron, it's not true. Because if you make the items in the blacksmiths workshop, it's gonna magically become of 100 quality either way.

I'm not disputing items like food (100 quality out of the cook stand btw) or trees, as I don't know much about trees honestly. I know that some of the ones we planted did grow already but I don't know the overall quality of the sprouts.

Metal armors will also be of 100 quality. Bows/crossbows/bolts aswell I think? Potions for sure.

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 02 Oct 2014, 16:40

Hence why I said for some items that's the case, but for most it is not.

I believe the idea is that quality will affect everything when the MMO is released.

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 02 Oct 2014, 18:05

Rarp wrote:Hence why I said for some items that's the case, but for most it is not.

I believe the idea is that quality will affect everything when the MMO is released.

This is a safe bet since it is a stat that has been included and currently being tracked, it's likely it is just too early for it to be properly applied to everything so far.

In my opinion, ideally the dedicated production buildings will add a bonus based on their own quality, so something like a player at max stats/skill only using 100 ql handheld tools output caps at say 90ql. Using the dedicated shop adds 1ql per 10ql of the shop.

An added bonus in this format is adjusting the building's bonus based on tier (using smelting for example), output bonus for a forge could be +1ql per 30ql of the forge, +1 ql per 20ql for forge+Anvil, +1ql per 10ql for smithy building.

This creates a demand for all tiers of buildings, those who can build them, and keeps those without direct access to the higher tier buildings competitive, but not at the top of the heap without a lot of luck/work.
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Return to General Discussion