Rework alignment

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Rchgns
Alpha Tester

Rework alignment

Post by Rchgns » 05 Oct 2014, 23:28

I feel the current system punishes more people that defend themselves and their property more then the random people who go attack everyone. Most of the people defending and leveling up there skills aren't going to sit there and let people raid their base. Yet if we lose alignment for defending off bandits and if we ever die we are the ones that lose all the skill points. Someone can make an account with 60 2h mastery and just constantly raid. So pleeeease rework alignment system.

Murmasa

Re: Rework alignment

Post by Murmasa » 05 Oct 2014, 23:45

+1

Kivvi8

Post by Kivvi8 » 06 Oct 2014, 08:43

+1

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 06 Oct 2014, 08:47

The way it was meant was that trespassers will be flagged criminals so you could legally kill them. Maybe it is yet to come.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 06 Oct 2014, 10:18

The way it was meant was that trespassers will be flagged criminals so you could legally kill them.

Actually... I believe that trespassers are only dinged -1 alignment if caught trespassing, but not flagged criminal.

If we implemented a guild system in YO, which I've wanted for a while, it would be a great solution.

For instance, a mechanic that would flag someone a criminal if they stole an item that 'belonged' to a player of a guild other than their own.

Unless we see a guild system, I think looting 'guild owned items' sitting in the open will be a perpetual problem. As for personal items, these can be stored away in private chests/houses when a permission system is developed, which would ALSO highly benefit by a guild system (as in granting permission to particular people within the roster to have access to certain doors/containers).

Return to Suggestions and Ideas