Run a server with dx9

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Alcaron

Run a server with dx9

Post by Alcaron » 23 Nov 2015, 11:57

Hi guys,

i hope that I haven't overseen an already existing thread to this topic.

Since the update, some of our players have problems with starting the game because their gpus dont like dx11 ;)

Some have already updated their hardware, but not all of us can afford this. We read a post from Saxxon in the steamcommunity (https://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/discussions/0/490125737485251540/) about a possibility of settung up a server with dx9. We contacted therefor the nitrado support team, but their answer was, that they cannot downgrade the server from dx11 to dx9 because the new version has been set as default by the developers and so they cant set up a dx9 version.

The post from Saxxon sounds like it should be possible somehow, but i couldn't find any further information..

Is there a way to get the required data for a dx9 server?
I think that there are still a lot of people, who would love to be still able to play the game, even if its not developed further...

Thanks for you answers!

Arrakis

Re: Run a server with dx9

Post by Arrakis » 23 Nov 2015, 13:54

Alcaron wrote:Is there a way to get the required data for a dx9 server?
Using dx9 branch should allow easy creation of the server, but it's possible that hosting providers won't actually host servers on older - and not supported - version of the game.

But the good news is that we will release a patch sometime soon, probably tommorow, that will make our game on dx11 more friendly for to low ends pc's, so after its deployed you could give it a try again. :)

Alcaron

Post by Alcaron » 23 Nov 2015, 16:10

That sounds like a possible solution ;)
Thank you for the information, we will let you know if it works better then.

Alcaron

Post by Alcaron » 25 Nov 2015, 11:33

We installed yesterdays patch, but unfortunately no difference.
Game is still not starting.

So i fear there will be no other way than a dx9-server.

Thanks anyway for your response :)

Return to General Discussion