Scripted mods

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Waki

Scripted mods

Post by Waki » 10 Apr 2016, 14:00

Hello,

This is one of my first messages, but I read this forum since a while now, searching mods and every kind of info my friends need for the server I'm hosting for them.

I would like to make scripted mods for the game, a bit like the Basil Mods. I have video game programming knowlegde, but I stay stucked since I don't find how to interact with the existing code. Is there any library, API, or something else we can use to make our proper mods ?

Did BasilMods' developer get help from LiF developers ?

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Re: Scripted mods

Post by Karabas » 10 Apr 2016, 14:45

if u dont know how to interact with game code - may be u should not make mods? =)) may be ur programming skill is too low ? =)))
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 10 Apr 2016, 14:51

That isn't a very useful response.

All I know is, you can do basic modding (change skill lines, weapon stats, crafting and building costs..) in the database. Basilmod will help sync the DB, the server files and the client files whenever someone log onto the server.

As for the code itself, you should ask Basil himself. I think he's one of the only players that really know anything about that.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Apr 2016, 16:03

(you'll find basil under the purple name of "Custodian" )
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to General Discussion