Seizure fix?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Mackinac

Seizure fix?

Post by Mackinac » 14 May 2015, 20:04

Made an account just to post this, and am kicking myself for not finding new player info here a month ago. Some positive seizure-related feedback for you guys, as I noticed most of the info re: seizures and other health problems associated with playing is negative.

I have many of the issues commonly listed under the HEALTH WARNING!'s that come up when you start your games, and often can't play them anymore. Checked out LiF at a friend's house and noticed I didn't experience any of my usual symptoms (instant nausea/vom, visual issues, etc.) and honestly got my hopes up a new medication started a few months ago was just working awesome. 5 minutes of Portal later that day as I was "testing" myself made it clear it was not the meds, and I tried a few other games since that still give me my usual symptoms.

So I go back to my friends and play for a bit to test more. No problems, started feeling a wee bit nauseous after 3-4 hours but I'm pretty sure its only when I'm looking dead-on at the water while moving. So I buy the game on the steam sale a few weeks ago after asking my doctor at a regular re-scripting visit. I've played for a few weeks now with little to no problems (especially after mucking around with the settings). Yet whenever I try another game, hoping I'm okay because I'm okay in LiF, my usual symptoms persist.

So while it might be the medication, I don't think so given my response to other games, but instead could be attributed to something in LiF. I don't have any issues playing the warband series games either, but that isn't a new development. While I know you guys are focused on warning people about possible health risks (thank chthulu you do btw some of us get real bad real fast) please take a moment to consider you may have created something more accessible to those who have sensitivities.

<3 keep up the good work!

Return to Feedback Section